2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

My mate who follows Sunderland very closely isn’t fussed about him leaving. Says he can score the odd goal but can be completely anonymous in games. Definitely doesn’t think he’s premier league standard.

Thinks he won’t even start now that Stewart is back fit for them.

I just think us recalling Simms is just to add forward numbers for the bench, as i doubt he will get given to many chances, if any at all, and just come off the bench the last few mins if lucky (or unlucky whichever way you see it)

….confirms what a ludicrous decision it was to send him on loan, especially when we didn’t have a back-up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin until over a month into the season & then bought completely the wrong type in Maupay.

Demonstrates the gross negligence of those making these decisions & managing our transfer strategy. The club is totally mismanaged & ultimately that manifests itself on the pitch.
I thought it was very odd he got no minutes on the pre season tour....even dele did

Looking forward to seeing him in action. 7 goals is 17 might not seem amazing, but he hasn't been playing full games. He's had 1133 minutes with works out at 12.5 full 90 mins. Gykores has played just less than double what Simms has played and scored 5 more (2 being penalties). Simms has an average of 0.56 goals per game and gykores has 0.53. Simms also has more assists this season and a better average rating. Top that off woth the fact we don't have to pay around 20 mil for him, im certainly happy to see Simms back at Everton. Like some have already said, might not be the definative answer to our problems, but hoping he can get some goals here and there for us and hopefully help us avoid the drop.

Teams no were desperate so will inflate the price for us as well.
However it's likely were short on cash that's certainly the feelings been giving out from the club
The club is primarily looking at a loan for a forward, so money is certainly an issue.
My mate who follows Sunderland very closely isn’t fussed about him leaving. Says he can score the odd goal but can be completely anonymous in games. Definitely doesn’t think he’s premier league standard.

Thinks he won’t even start now that Stewart is back fit for them.
Seven goals in the Championship isn’t shabby, but it’s a huge step up to the PL for a competent, seasoned professional let alone a young lad.

I have a feeling that this is a contingency measure in case Dom’s weetabix legs give in again, and we struggle to sign an actual striker.

The club is primarily looking at a loan for a forward, so money is certainly an issue.

Seven goals in the Championship isn’t shabby, but it’s a huge step up to the PL for a competent, seasoned professional let alone a young lad.

I have a feeling that this is a contingency measure in case Dom’s weetabix legs give in again, and we struggle to sign an actual striker.

Also if Simms is now down the pecking order at Sunderland because of Stewart may mean less game time there anyway.

You can probably get a gauge for how good he is by looking on this Sunderland forum.

My mate just sent me a link to it, and considering they’re 4th and he’s scoring, the majority aren’t upset that he is leaving, which again, is very ominous.

This isn’t reassuring.

Seemingly his goal record is the only decent thing most Sunderland fans can say about him. “not ready for the Premier League” from most with others commenting that his general link up play with his back to goal (what we need him for) is not good enough. How likely it will be immediately good enough for us over the next 6 months?

Gutted as this confirms we have no cash for a new striker.

Best of luck to the kid. Many aspects of his game need polishing but he does seem very calm in front of goal. Our current forwards don’t score, he can’t score less than zero so therefore can’t be any worse than them. They also cough up possession non stop as well. The bar is low

Status
Not open for further replies.