2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a good move for Ellis, heard this morning on radio that Sunderland only had one striker on the books going into the opening weekend of the championship. He will more than likely be first choice for most games. Hopefully he has a good loan spell and we can sell him on for a profit next summer.

Does this mean they aren't back in for Broadhead then?
Apparently they were in discussions. But I guess they want a loan and we want to ship broadhead out permanently as he only has 1 year left.

They really liked him as well despite his injury issues, so a shame for him really.

Quite clearly never going to cut it here, hopefully he has a decent season and we get a good fee for him next summer
I think it's a bit too early to write him off. Give him a run of games first. Look how Gordon went from "can't even get in Preston's team" , to one of our better performers in less than a season. Plus he's got to be better than persisting with Rondon.

I think it's a bit too early to write him off. Give him a run of games first. Look how Gordon went from "can't even get in Preston's team" , to one of our better performers in less than a season. Plus he's got to be better than persisting with Rondon.
Maybe but they're the same age- Gordon is now going into his second full season with us while Simms is off to Sunderland for his third loan.

I hope he does come good enough, but I can't see it. Also, as crap as Rondon is, he's a better option at this moment in time.

edit: I say I doubt he'll ever be good enough, but if we carry on with our current trajectory then he almost certainly will lol

Meanwhile, on planet Everton, we're a DCL injury away from the Venezuelan Donkey leading the line.
Management clearly feel that Simms is not up to playing Premiership football, or maybe not up to it at present.

Keeping him at Everton would serve no purpose, take up space with the under 23's and probably cost about a million in wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.