2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they've extended him then it tells me one of two things

1. They think he's good enough for the first team and want to keep hold of him

2. They think he's good enough to attract a transfer fee from another club so they want to keep him under a deal so they can maximise the transfer fee we'd get

Both make sense

You'd hope, I would honestly be made up if our academy could get back to at least making players good enough to sell on for actual money again. Players who fully make the grade and become established Everton players are always gonna be harder to come by but it in the last 5 years who have we actually received a fee for? Dowell?

You'd hope, I would honestly be made up if our academy could get back to at least making players good enough to sell on for actual money again. Players who fully make the grade and become established Everton players are always gonna be harder to come by but it in the last 5 years who have we actually received a fee for? Dowell?

When did Duffy go?

2015?

Mad a profit on him at least

At the one minute mark he says It was my first loan spell at Blackpool. Well I sincerely hope there is a second spell, to help us on the push for the play offs once more. It's certainly a strong possibility I would suggest. The Tangerines would be keen for sure.
I hope he goes back there too if he cannot get any minutes ahead of Rondon Mcdonald. Benitez says he wants to work with the player himself (I get that part), but that can be done in the offseason. He needs experience.

Fraser Hornby - £1.8m
Antonee Robinson - £2m
Ross Barkley -£15m

I hope he goes back there too if he cannot get any minutes ahead of Rondon Mcdonald. Benitez says he wants to work with the player himself (I get that part), but that can be done in the offseason. He needs experience.
Perhaps Mr Benitez has cottoned on to the fact that Rondon is a clapped out donkey, and is moving on to plan B. Here's hoping.

If they've extended him then it tells me one of two things

1. They think he's good enough for the first team and want to keep hold of him

2. They think he's good enough to attract a transfer fee from another club so they want to keep him under a deal so they can maximise the transfer fee we'd get

Both make sense

…there’s also the possible realisation he can’t be any worst than Rondon, King or Kean has been in an Everton shirt. I agree, he’ll surely be given an opportunity.

The only issue regarding a transfer is his salary. I have no idea how much his contract is worth but it’ll be making him a very wealthy young man. A club would need to match his salary so let’s hope it’s not too restrictive.

Maybe we send players on loan too early.
I think the loan should be the last piece in the jigsaw before they challenge for a first team place. Let them train with the first team, learn what is expected from a first team player and finally a loan move to give them competitive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.