Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
17 year old has scored 21 goals in 11 games for our U18's has an U23 call up but should he get a senior call up? He's already older than Vaughan or Rooney was when they got their call up's, or would he be better left under age for another year or 2? The Kid looks awesome Big Fast Strong and obviously has an eye for goal..

Wouldn't hurt giving him a look in, as a sub next time we're looking comfortable. Tremendous boost for him and the other youngsters, gives the opposition something to think about and might change our strategy looking for a striker.

Wouldn't hurt giving him a look in, as a sub next time we're looking comfortable. Tremendous boost for him and the other youngsters, gives the opposition something to think about and might change our strategy looking for a striker.

Problem is he takes Tosun/ DCL/ Princes place on the bench and at least we know what they can do
If we got league one or two opponents in the FA cup I’d have no problem with him on the bench

A touch of the Zats there Tipp lol

Zatara is a frequent poster who continually promotes younger players wether they are good enough or not
He basically disregards most players over 25 purely based on their age
Coleman and Walcott are his 2 current targets
It was said in jest
No harm intended

Whereabouts in Tipperary are you ??

Problem is he takes Tosun/ DCL/ Princes place on the bench and at least we know what they can do
If we got league one or two opponents in the FA cup I’d have no problem with him on the bench
Perhaps. But he could afford one of those places, perhaps in rotation.

Perhaps. But he could afford one of those places, perhaps in rotation.
The Palace game we needed both DCL and Tosun
At home when teams sit deep we need that bit of experience on the bench if things are not going well
I’ve no problem throwing him in for 30 m in a comfortable game but in the PL they are few and far between
I’d try him in that Check Trade trophy against a men’s team and see how he does
As @Eggs said he physically dominates the U 18 league and won’t do the same in open age football

..doing really well and regularly discussed in the excellent Youth Teams thread.

We have to be proportionate in that he’s playing in U18 age restricted football. At his current age, Rooney and Vaughan had well made their first team debuts and Anichebe was about to start. Anthony Gordon and Kyle John are younger than Simms but have been around the first team and regular U23s.

He’s terrific in his own age group but the real test will come when he steps up.

Zatara is a frequent poster who continually promotes younger players wether they are good enough or not
He basically disregards most players over 25 purely based on their age
Coleman and Walcott are his 2 current targets
It was said in jest
No harm intended

Whereabouts in Tipperary are you ??
Originaly Roscrea Live in Carlow now. You Irish?

Status
Not open for further replies.