EITC : Everton in the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
EiTC is a registered charity and as such has a Board of Trustees:

• Sir John Jones – Chair of the Board of Trustees.
  • Dr. Paula Grey- Trustee for Health and Wellbeing and former Director of Public Health of Liverpool NHS Primary Care Trust.
  • Mr. Robert Elstone - Trustee for Community and Business Development and Chief Executive of Everton Football Club.
  • Prof. Patricia Shenton OBE – Trustee for Sport Development and Director of Academies, Trust and Special Schools on behalf of John Moores University.
  • Prof. William Chambers – Trustee for Employer Engagement, Education and training and Pro-Vice Chancellor, Liverpool Hope University.
  • Inspector Colin Lewis – Trustee for Social Inclusion and Inspector with Merseyside Police.
  • Richard Kenyon - Trustee for Marketing, Media and Communications of Everton Football Club.
  • Everton in the Community is also delighted to have the support of Everton legend Graeme Sharp in his role as Fan Ambassador.

So there's a common link between both boards and there both called Everton.

Hmmm @davek seems they're not so far removed from the club as you think. In fact there's a few Everton football club employees on the board.

Hmmm @davek seems they're not so far removed from the club as you think. In fact there's a few Everton football club employees on the board.
Me: 'they're separate from Everton and self financing and nothing to do with the directors of the club'.
You: 'you're wrong, there's EFC employees on its board of trustees'.

"sigh"

There are obviously close links between the club and EITC, but the trustees won't be very involved with the day to day operation of EITC. The last accounts show the club incurred costs of £120k related to EITC, which is a very small percentage of what EITC spend.

Rather than using this thread as a pro or anti board sounding block, it would be good if everyone could just extol the positives of what EITC do. I walked past the new free school at the Watford game and felt very proud of what's happened. Basically it's something we should all be proud of, end of.

I'm sure the OP didn't want this to turn into another board thread though so, if people can't say stuff about the charity without bring the board into it, good or bad, then folks should perhaps consider saying nothing.

There are obviously close links between the club and EITC, but the trustees won't be very involved with the day to day operation of EITC. The last accounts show the club incurred costs of £120k related to EITC, which is a very small percentage of what EITC spend.

Rather than using this thread as a pro or anti board sounding block, it would be good if everyone could just extol the positives of what EITC do. I walked past the new free school at the Watford game and felt very proud of what's happened. Basically it's something we should all be proud of, end of.

I'm sure the OP didn't want this to turn into another board thread though so, if people can't say stuff about the charity without bring the board into it, good or bad, then folks should perhaps consider saying nothing.

Yeah I agree, no reason to politicise this thread at all. EITC along with EFC and the former players foundation do some wonderful work.

The common denominator is clearly the name Everton and we as supporters should all be proud of that.

Must share a positive true story about EITC and how it works with local charities.

There's a local charity on Westminster road in kirkdale called MYST www.mymyst.co.uk. It's managed by an Evertonian called John Kelly and it helps young entepreneurs 18-30ish get their own businesses started. Over 50 businesses have already got started there. Several MYSTers have come from difficult backgrounds and some lads who now run decent small businesses have been referred to MYST by EITC. But they only got to MYST because of the tremendous work that EITC does with other local charities and inspires / transforms young people from where they were eg mental health issues, trouble with the law when they were young, long term unemployed, single parents etc

There are a lot of great unsung local heroes working at EITC and inspiring people who are inspired by Everton FC. It's easy to say they are 'do-gooders' but I want to share with you that many of the young people who have succeeded at MYST in the last few years (in part because of The self-belief and confidence that EITC courses gave them) are now role models to the young people around them in their communities.

Don't know if you know mate but several times a season when our opposition don't take their upper bullens allocation the club donates tickets to EITC to help them raise funds. Many of those tickets go free from EITC to local charities to help them inspire young people. Do you know if the £120k you quote include the value of those tickets?

Don't know if you know mate but several times a season when our opposition don't take their upper bullens allocation the club donates tickets to EITC to help them raise funds. Many of those tickets go free from EITC to local charities to help them inspire young people. Do you know if the £120k you quote include the value of those tickets?

I knew about the ticket donation, but hadn't linked it to the line in the accounts mate.
The simple answer is, I don't know if it includes the value of the tickets or not.

My gut reaction though would be that the net value of the tickets would go thorough the accounts as a related transaction, but I'm not an accountant.

I knew about the ticket donation, but hadn't linked it to the line in the accounts mate.
The simple answer is, I don't know if it includes the value of the tickets or not.

My gut reaction though would be that the net value of the tickets would go thorough the accounts as a related transaction, but I'm not an accountant.

Yeah me neither. I just wondered if all those tickets added up to £120k. The value would make about sense? Am critical of this Board except this is one thing they have done that we as fans can be proud of.

I remember one lad volunteering at a local charity getting a ticket from EITC and you'd have thought he'd got a willy wonka's golden ticket. Turns out he had just turned 25. He'd lived and worked in kirkdale all his life. Always been an Evertonian but had Never been inside the ground except for an EITC course once but he'd never see us play because he was not able to afford a ticket as he needed to provide for his kids first etc.

i bumped into him about 9 months later and asked how it was. he described it as the most amazing day of his life. That's EITC.

Yeah me neither. I just wondered if all those tickets added up to £120k. The value would make about sense? Am critical of this Board except this is one thing they have done that we as fans can be proud of.

I remember one lad volunteering at a local charity getting a ticket from EITC and you'd have thought he'd got a willy wonka's golden ticket. Turns out he had just turned 25. He'd lived and worked in kirkdale all his life. Always been an Evertonian but had Never been inside the ground except for an EITC course once but he'd never see us play because he was not able to afford a ticket as he needed to provide for his kids first etc.

i bumped into him about 9 months later and asked how it was. he described it as the most amazing day of his life. That's EITC.

I doubt the £120k relates to these ticket transactions to be honest.

Anyway, far more importantly is the work EiTC does, and as @evo1878 demonstrates above the impact a simple event like giving someone a ticket can have on their lives.

Makes me realise how much can be taken for granted...

Status
Not open for further replies.