Votes: 121 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 94 38.8%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 27 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just get away from this obsession with appointing someone with Premier League experience and actually go for the best manager we can?

Silva and Dyche have both took teams down, unlike the defensively naive Howe. People forget when Bournemouth got promoted in 2015 they where certain to go down, now they are essentially a mid table team in the Premier league. Pisses me off that any manager who likes to play football automatically gets compared to Martinez and therefore shouldn't be given the job.

Oh, if only. A manager who is an obsessive coach, who has teams playing passing football on the ground and above all gets the maximum out of the players who work hard and play with pace. At a club with a bigger transfer budget he could afford a higher calibre of player and there is every chance he could achieve success.

He’s a manager that doesn't have a plan b and seriously lacks game management.
Multiple games this season bournemouth have been winning and keep attacking while forgetting their defensive duties.
Bournemouth were in the relegation zone a few weeks ago, funny how the shouts for him to be manager werent around then.

Good coach who plays footy the right way and is an Everton Ian, unsure about his ability to set up a solid team so it's a not yet from me

You know that league a lot better than me. I would just love someone with a bit of pedigree. I dont want him but someone like Benitez, where ever he goes he wins.

I think the most important thing is just doing the research - which again comes down to having the right structure at the top. Being a coach - or manager as it is in the premier league - is a lot more than just what happens on the training field and on match days. People have to be on the same page, and honestly, there only seems to be a few teams in each league where that seems to be the case. I sort of speak from fan's perspective experience with that having seen what has gone on with my team over the years!

Independent of the who is managing (and yes, a good manager obviously counts) we need some sort of team chemistry or cohesion. Folks like Dyche and Howe have been with a core set of players for several seasons; there is some sort of cohesion or guiding philosophy that they've established, which in part, contributes to their success in motivating players for big games.

By contrast, we are a bunch of cats each on their own couch cushion licking their ass.

Reactions: MrD

Silva isnt an opripn becuase he isnt good enough, no way is Dyche coming so out of the 3 or 4 if you include Sam I would go for Howe

Wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick, the way he played against the rs sums him up as tactically naive at best and clueless at worst

Status
Not open for further replies.