Match Thread Ebepton v Woolwich - Tuesday 13th 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have most people written us off until the end of Jan?
Problem I think mate is that we have looked poor against teams we should be beating or at least getting a result from. So these run of games against teams who can well beat most in the league is not looking a good prospect.

If we can't raise a game to beat Watford, Swansea Burnley or palace then where is the extra coming from to beat arsenal and liverpool?

If you look at the games where teams have had relative success against Arsenal - you can start to see a pattern.

0-0 v Middlesboro (4-5-1 formation)

0-1 v Burnley (93rd min winner - 4-5-1 formation, no width, tight compacted midfield)

4-3 loss v Liverpool (False 9 formation. Pack midfield)

1-1 v Spurs (4-5-1 or 5-4-1)

Keep the game tight. Sacrifice any flair for more aggression. Lukaku up top holding the line.

Stek
Coleman, Williams, Mori, Baines.
Holgate, Gana, Barry, McCarthy, Davies.
Lukaku.

Davies played for the U23s last night mate, so he won't be in the squad, no chance either that Koeman will start Holgate. Probably see Cleverley brought back.

Who's turn is it.......

Everton fan invades pitch to remonstrate with players and Roberto Martinez
Angry Blues supporter led away by stewards after leaving seat to enter field of play

Everton fan invades pitch at Goodison Park

A furious Everton fan invaded the Goodison pitch to confront the Blues players and remonstrate with the dug-out after Southampton equalised today.

The supporter darted past stewards from his seat and approached Leon Osman in the aftermath of Sadio Mane’s 76th minute equaliser during a dire contest.

Only messing, Koeman needs time.

No, as much as I fume, I still expect it to turn around, my god it's frustrating though.

True.

And if I had "written us off" between now and the end of January I would be calling for Koeman's head right here and now in the hope even Unsie would get a sweeter tune out of the ONLY players we have available to us over the next four, crucial games.

We cannot afford the luxury of continuing this listless, losing streak and thinking it will be all right come February.......God knows where we will be at that stage if the rot continues.

Down among the dead men, that's where.

Too many on here are thinking January will be a panacea.......truly a case of hope trumping experience where EFC is concerned.

But.....

The closer I get to kick off time, on every match day, the more exhuberant I become and the more I feel we will win ;)

I mean, what's the point of carrying on if one is resigned to defeat?

So I will be going the Park tonight fully expecting a victory :dance:

COYBB.....:pint2:

And then bring on the RS :mad:

No doubt our players who are playing for an exit to Champions league competing clubs will turn on the magic because we are playing Arsenal.

What a bizarre situation where I'll be livid if we get a win, because the bad tits can't be arsed if there's nothing in it for them week in week out against the rest of the premier league teams that ultimately we should be beating if we have any ambition..

Status
Not open for further replies.