Easily Forgotten Everton Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the look of a sober George Green turning up for a photo shoot and wondering where did it all go wrong?

He's still got these tho.

There was some chap called Marc Grugel who was beasting the Pontins reserve league circa 94. Did he ever play for the first team?

They all played for the first team very, very briefly. Hills played about three games in, I think 1996/97. Farley was early Walter Smith, so perhaps 1998/99. Definitely only one game for him. And Craig was one of the myriad of youngsters Moyes played against Bate Borisov in the UEFA Cup.
Hills signed from Blackpool, the one thing I remember him for was in the game versus Spurs, Royle had got his P45 and his comics, Dave Watson was the player manager, Spurs had been awarded a free kick in a dangerous position, Teddy Sheringham was waiting to take the free kick, but there was a hold up in play for an injury,Dave Watson had placed himself near the goal line but Southall waved him away, someone in the dugout sent Hills right down to the Gwlady’s Street end and he told Watson to get back near the line, when Sheringham took the free kick he beat Southall all ends up but Watson had placed himself where the ball went and cleared it, Paul Rideout had put us ahead and that goal won us the game and got us a very valuable three points which helped to keep us up. That is the only contribution I can recall Hills making and he eventually went back to Blackpool, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.