Easily Forgotten Everton Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen Hughes, seemed to be a bit of a coup at the time but he was a completely average player

I'll always remember Stephen Hughes for his peach of a free kick which got us a very late equalizer at Watford in the FA Cup and the complete pandemonium in our end that followed. We scored again soon afterwards and ended up winning!

anyone remember Marc Hottiger?
Also , when Li Tie came to Everton he came with another Chinese player - what was his name?
Definitely remember Hottiger.
The other Chinese player was Li Weifeng, literally the only thing I can remember about him is that he had an elder brother who had been murdered in China attempting to stop an old woman from being mugged.

Back in the day my only source of Everton and footy news was through Shoot! mag which we only received two weeks after it was shipped out and the telly only showed one match a week iirc and it usually wasn't Everton.
I'd been a supporter for about a year and remember reading about Rehn and Atteveld signing and it got me really excited. Didn't stay excited for long.

I remember that too, and Rehn and Attaveld seemed like really exotic, classy star players...Atteveld was a right back or right winger wasnt he? And Rehn? A defender?

Never heard of Hills, Farley or Craig. Did any of them play in the first team ?

They all played for the first team very, very briefly. Hills played about three games in, I think 1996/97. Farley was early Walter Smith, so perhaps 1998/99. Definitely only one game for him. And Craig was one of the myriad of youngsters Moyes played against Bate Borisov in the UEFA Cup.

Another one was Jamie Milligan. A young winger who I thought only got as far as the bench. According to Wikipedia though, he made a few appearances in the late 90s

How many lads under 30 have heard of Alan Harper?

Absolutely vital cog in our unstoppable 80’s machine...

Until the RS killed 39 Juventus fans and stopped it

Wow. Which year (s)? I remember Bosnar and Arnoux but nothing about them. Was it early Moyes?
Various points throughout the Moyes era. Bosnar was early on, Winothai was, I think, signed around the time of the Chang deal.

Arnoux was later Moyes; signed (I think) at the same time as another contender for this list: Anton Peterlin.

Moyes loved these kind of signings - Ibrahim Said anyone?!

Various points throughout the Moyes era. Bosnar was early on, Winothai was, I think, signed around the time of the Chang deal.

Arnoux was later Moyes; signed (I think) at the same time as another contender for this list: Anton Peterlin.

Moyes loved these kind of signings - Ibrahim Said anyone?!

Moyes had no options..
We had pennies to spend

Easily forgotten players, was going to say I can’t remember any then the name Mike Milligan surfaced - he didn’t last long from what I remember!

You will have to take my word for it. 1948/49 Centre forward: Albert Juliussen. Worst centre forward I ever saw (anywhere). I can still see, as clear as day, watching him at Goodison. He was put clean through, only the goalie to beat. He side-footed it past the goalie from just inside the penalty area. It hit the post and came back to him (by this time he was past the goalie with the goal gaping in front of him) He side-footed it again and it hit the post and came back to him. He then shot wide.
I remember him, it was a very strange signing, he didn’t last long, I think we got the transfer fee back, did we sign him from Sunderland ? He suffered from varicose veins ( true) that’s why we got our money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.