Dyche; A Great Achievement?

It's been a great achievement we've got through a season of Dyche-ball. Hard going. We deserve a medal.

Still not over too. 3 games that could look horrific if we fail to turn up. The Arsenal game has 7-0 written all over it if we turn up like we did against Chelsea.

Dyche has always appeared to me to be a perfect fit to painfully, slowly, boringly, but competently repair the (footballing) foundation of the club.

When he's done the heavy lifting and we're on solid ground you can go find someone to do the finishes and make the game enjoyable again. But being hasty on that front left the club in the wilderness for a decade so I'd vote to give him a good bit of time to continue his work.

I think it’s fair to say lads that the Dyche loyalists won this battle. Now I know some might be feeling a little silly and exposed as not knowing much about the game but I feel as a community we can just move on together as one cohesive unit, content that a fine leader helped Everton beat relegated despite the odds.
Theyve quickly realised they have no other weapon except the winless run so they're swinging that aggressively as they back towards the cliff edge

Great? Absolutely not.

I’ve said it before, but I think our first 13-14 is objectively lower-mid table. We’ll end up slightly lower than that, but possibly would have been a place or two higher with deduction taken into account.

I don’t like Dyche and wouldn’t shed a single tear if he was binned, but I’ll say for sure he’s done a good job. Assuming he sticks around, top ten would be considered great IMO.

If we beat luton and Sheffield we'd have 50pts excluding deduction
That's definitely progress
Would I like to see overlapping fullbacks again? Sure
But I can't say I'm not happy about 2nd most clean sheets behind arsenal this season

I disagree with this argument. Look at villa under Gerrard/emery. Pretty much the same squad, but one of them nearly got relegated and the other has finished 4th.

Dyche has done well when it mattered in a tricky season, but let's not start normalising survival as a good season.
Emery is the only other manager I think could have dragged us out of the mire. However, you can't seriously compare the squad Dyche inherited with the one Emery took over. Emery was able to strengthen an already decent squad to the tune of 100 million last summer.
Off field stability gives them a solid platform which really shouldn't be underestimated. And thanks to his reputation, they could get the likes of Tielemans

Gerrard makes Lampard look good.

Posted one of the other Dyche threads also.

If we had not had the points deduction hanging over us he would have been sacked during what is the longest winless run in the history of the Premier league.

Without that horrendous run, the points deduction wouldn't have been the issue it turned out to be.

That's all on Dyche.

You can let beating the RS put rose tinted glasses on the situation but we faced this horrendous mess because of two things.

Poor leadership, and;

Poor management of the team
As I said earlier, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we had not had the points deduction hanging over us, that winless run would not have happened.

As I said earlier, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we had not had the points deduction hanging over us, that winless run would not have happened.
Yet when it was announced it seemed to galvanise us.

I'm all for a solid defense as he has certainly instilled but it's important to have the team scoring too. If he can address that then next season should see us safe.

I don't think the points deduction takes away from that terrible run after Burnley away. I mean the points deduction affects us mentally as well as the direct impact on the league position and relegation battle, absolutely. But the winless run was in part down to Dyche. If the club had a stable board and owner
he would have probably been sacked. He got through and has maybe tweaked a few things. I'm sure he doesn't stop learning.