2023/24 Dwight McNeil

In a better team he's a really good squad player. Someone to come in every three games for this type of game. Starting every single weak and like most of the players his limitations will come to the fore before too long.

He reminds me of Bilyaletdinov in the Moyes era. Would score a nice goal every now and then but generally didn't live up to expectations. Didn't matter too much though as Pienaar and Osman were the first choices in that time.
Seems a bit harsh comparing him to Bily - who apparently scored 2 league goals for us (according to the internet ... sounds about right as I don't remember many) ? McNeil has 10 already. He also works a lot harder and probably helped with a few of our clean sheets too.

Seems a bit harsh comparing him to Bily - who apparently scored 2 league goals for us (according to the internet ... sounds about right as I don't remember many) ? McNeil has 10 already. He also works a lot harder and probably helped with a few of our clean sheets too.

I can remember Bily scoring against Utd, Wolves and Portsmouth. Can't think of any others.

6 goals in 23 prem games in 09/10 so similar output to Dwight.

Bily came with plenty of expectation after being part of that good Russian team in the late 00s but like Arshavin and Pavlychenko he fizzled out after a good start.

He could score 10 goals in the Doucoure spot and while he isn't De Bruyne, he's not a technical nightmare either.

Would he be better suited to play behind a target man? He can shoot, carry the ball and work in tight spaces.
A left footed Iceland. Needs to stop working hard and start pointing more.

But yes, I think he would suit it with the ball. Has he got Doucs’ stamina to press (ish) as a 2 with Dom, then fall back quickly when passed? He is clumsy, but Doucs gets about when he is on it.