2023/24 Dwight McNeil

….i agree, for somebody with such a sweet left foot he should be much better at keeping possession when he passes the ball.

Surely needs to be used at 10 in a free role with a couple of fast wide players brought in.

He can pass through the gaps which may not keep posession but it would be more dangerous...with the right players around him.

Surely needs to be used at 10 in a free role with a couple of fast wide players brought in.

He can pass through the gaps which may not keep posession but it would be more dangerous...with the right players around him.

…ideally you want your no10 to be capable of getting alongside and beyond your central striker. A bit like Gomes, I’m not convinced McNeil can do that but he’s certainly worth a go. I’d actually like to see Dobbin in that position, especially off the bench.

He has a good first touch and has a nose for goal. He’d score 10 per season in the number 10 role. He’s started some very good attacks passing through the lines when he’s dropped deep in the middle. The guy is a central player and can be more dynamic there.

He’s too slow to play on the wing. The closer to goal he is the better he is