2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
….great reaction to the goal on the vid posted by the club.

I'm sure he's aware of the stick he's been getting. Hopefully that'll boost his confidence and he can kick on from here too.. Would be great. Because despite him being rubbish until Saturday I think he's also a nice guy

One good performance doesn’t eradicate from memory all the other performances where he has stunk out the ground.
Why is this the prevailing attitude from loads of Evertonians when it comes to our players? It's staggering. The same people who'll say stuff like 'you're only as good as your last game' as well or, on the flipside, that Onana for instance is the 'best CM in the Premier League' after two good performances. The irony.

If McNeil played like he did on Saturday for the next year you'd still have people say 'I'll never forget how crap he was a year ago'. Same thing has been happening with Iwobi in the last couple of weeks..

God forbid we actually support our young players! :coffee:

My views on players are simply down to the desire and effort I see.

Plenty of that from McNeil on Saturday he was doubling up to help Myko, crossing the ball quickly, and going forward amongst other things. That’s all as a fan I’d like to see. It makes him happy and makes me happy.

I can imagine Dyche telling him he’s got a cracking left foot, and asking where does he feel he best deliver the ball from corners and he said “deep”. Dyche then went it’s going deep lads get on the end of it.

I just hope he sets that performance as his new personal standard. He’s looked a bit lost and lightweight recently, but Saturday just proves he’s not.

Come on the Dwight!! It’s yours if you want it lad.

Why is this the prevailing attitude from loads of Evertonians when it comes to our players? It's staggering. The same people who'll say stuff like 'you're only as good as your last game' as well or, on the flipside, that Onana for instance is the 'best CM in the Premier League' after two good performances. The irony.

If McNeil played like he did on Saturday for the next year you'd still have people say 'I'll never forget how crap he was a year ago'. Same thing has been happening with Iwobi in the last couple of weeks..

We can, and should support them, good or bad. But unfortunately, it's human nature to give them more support when they're playing well and have a go at them when not. I've said it before. It's all about consistency and even if you're not the most gifted, if you give 100% every week, you'll get support.

Played the role of defensive winger perfectly - I'm assuming exactly as instructed to and playing to his strengths which Dyche knows well.

Am I wrong in assuming this performance stats-wise was the reason he was brought to the club? Constant pressure, defensive effort, great delivery and the occasion edge of the box screamer once or twice a season.

New Manager, Fresh Start.. No player that had only played for us under Lamps should really be judged on past performances
( other then maybe Maupay )
I mean we didn't even understand Lamps 'so called game-plan'..

Spot on, loads of them are like hyper-critical parents, always finding fault in their child regardless of how well they might do. I have a mental picture of them as flabby, downtrodden types, unshaven and prematurely bald. Riddled with haemorrhoids and constant toothache as they absolutely refuse to eat vegetables or visit the dentists.
their only pleasure in life is to cuddle up to their one constant companion, misery!

Spot on, loads of them are like hyper-critical parents, always finding fault in their child regardless of how well they might do. I have a mental picture of them as flabby, downtrodden types, unshaven and prematurely bald. Riddled with haemorrhoids and constant toothache as they absolutely refuse to eat vegetables or visit the dentists.
their only pleasure in life is to cuddle up to their one constant companion, misery!

?

He sits directly across the aisle from us. I’ve wondered for years why he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.