2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like Myko mate. Been told to skip the wingback stuff and put a fullbacks shift in, which he did brilliantly. All down to the manager and his reading of both the game and his players. I even think he'll sort Maupay out in time.
He'll have Maupay as his Ashley Barnes soon , not a great player but an absolute nightmare to defend agst.

The performance yesterday kind of proves the point about the crap written about all our players being crap. Lampard should have been able to get more out of the players, most likely he was playing them in positions or using tactics that didnt suit the players. They all showed they can put a shift in and plenty of talent through the squad. Dyche must be wetting himself that Lampard was so clueless and hes in a position now with a big club with zero pressure on himself and the squad as everyone is saying all his squad are crap and they will definitely get relegated.
Should have got rid of Lampard during the WC, its still going to be a scap to escape our position now! Lots of ups and downs to come, stay strong Blues!!

Absolutely amazed me today, put a great shift in both going forwards and defending. I really didn't think he had that kind of a performance in him. He showed signs of an astute football brain as well. Twice in the final 15 minutes,he broke out down the left and rather than just slinging it across the box, with only Maupay in there, he continue to the bye line and played, successfully, for a corner when he drew a defender into the tackle.

To be fair to him it's been a very fragmented start to his career here,what I will say is in the two games and I think that may be the only games at Leeds and yesterday where he has played a full ninety minutes he has worked his socks off for the team, hopefully we now see the best of him with Dyche in charge.

He was not playing well in the first half playing on the right hand side. Credit to Dyche he spotted this early and switched him to the left and put Iwobi on the right and it made all the difference.

Similar to James in some ways, due to lack of pace the key thing for McNeil is his positioning. He needs to play and receive balls in the right areas where he can use that left foot to swing balls in. He hasn’t been able to influence games so far - but positive signs today.

Get him on those in swinging set pieces, make use of his work rate in defence and try and get the ball to him in some space in the final third. I’d think he’d suit an attacking left back behind him perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.