2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a left-sided midfielder, used to facing up one full-back and finding space to cross for strikers.

It shouldn't be surprising that he's getting crowded out when picking up the ball in more congested central areas, though I can't make excuses for the quality of his passing.
He's a very bad left sided midfielder. We are rightly trying to do something else. There is no reason to buy him to play wide left.

If he's not going to be picked in the one position he's suited to, there was no reason to buy him at all.
I'd argue he is very much not suited to left midfield as he was pretty awful at it. Just because your played somewhere doesn't mean it is right. See Iwobi, Alex.

I'd argue he is very much not suited to left midfield as he was pretty awful at it. Just because your played somewhere doesn't mean it is right. See Iwobi, Alex.
He's coming off a poor season, but he was decent before that.

Unlike Iwobi, he doesn't have the luxury of suddenly deciding to make use of his physical gifts.

Lad needs to get his fitness back as he's looking very much like Mykolenko did when he first arrived, easy to forget that he didn't get run time with Burnley this summer so is effectively making up his match fitness as these games go.

Also clear as day he needs the ball in to feet as he's not going to outrun many but currently we still have issues passing and keeping the ball.

Il worry about him if he's still looking like this in a couple of months time but for now my only concern is he really is completely left footed, that right foot needs to be worked on even just to be comfortable controlling and manouvering the ball because there are times he get's swarmed simply because he can't go right.

He's coming off a poor season, but he was decent before that.

Unlike Iwobi, he doesn't have the luxury of suddenly deciding to make use of his physical gifts.
I'm sorry but Iwobi is using is physical gifts as an analysis of why he's playing well now misses just about everything he's doing

Status
Not open for further replies.