Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
….he’ll become a full England international within the next 2 seasons.

Quite possibly and the 3 at the back could help with thaf being the current England setup.

Gordon and McNeil are going to be very effective.

Cornet scored 9 under the same manager playing in the opposite flank. So it’s not entirely Dyche fault that he can’t scored, it’s something else.

Of all the positions he played...he was mostly at CF.

Cornet played as a striker/front 3 player. He didnt create as he's not that type of player.

Spoke to my Burnley supporting mate who said Cornet was ‘100 times better’. And McNeil is inconsistent and anonymous too often.

Not expecting huge things tbh.

9 goals. 1 assist. Stood up top and waited for the ball. Nowhere near the amount of touches, passes, and creative play than McNeil.View attachment 175202

Cornet (like Dennis) was mainly up top. Very different to McNeil and nowhere close to as good a player.

In France hes not considered to be a 'top' player by any stretch. Average at best.

Im more inclined to believe Burnley fans who say McNeil is one of their best ever players and Cornet was found out 2nd half of the season.

Baines and especially Jags were pretty sought after if my memory serves

God I hate Sky. What the hell is a "goal involvement"?!

The lad never missed a game and was a key forward for them - so to me him being involved in only 15% is pretty poor.

That said I think this one will actually turn out to be our best transfer for manys a year...

Well, goal involvement means goals and assists.

In an ultra defensive side, where they have only scored just over 1 goal a game…for such a young player to take 15% of that total, to me is pretty decent.

And he was never a forward…more a left midfielder like Pienaar was for us….what did his stats look like??!!

Well, goal involvement means goals and assists.

In an ultra defensive side, where they have only scored just over 1 goal a game…for such a young player to take 15% of that total, to me is pretty decent.

And he was never a forward…more a left midfielder like Pienaar was for us….what did his stats look like??!!
Pienaar average about 1 goal or assist every 3-4 games.

I'm pretty happy about this one. Young English lad, loads of premier League matches under his belt. Can put a good cross in. DCL better stay fit.

Had worker tackles back. Hopefully him and Mykolenko can build a partnership like Blaine's and Pienarr.
Shazam
5F8C0155-BB17-46D9-AE33-820BB4640E45.jpg

Make sense. Hardworking, good ball winner, able to hold the ball without constantly worrying about outpacing fullbacks on the flanks, likes long shot, enjoys Hollywood pass, able to dribble in tight spaces around the edge of the box.

I simply can’t see that many cutting edge if we play him as a winger, good crossing and that’s about it.

Lamps has a thing for playing "between the lines" which I think will suit him.

Just think there's more to his game than adding him into the pile of wingers we have (Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Townsend)

Status
Not open for further replies.