Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats really weird is, why TF are we linked with players from a year or so ago when we had different staff ? A new manager, new DOF in charge and yet we continue to be linked with previous targets. Does my tits in. And more so when its the likes of this lad !

Terrible... but it's Everton!

Probably because we (and most other clubs) are linked with every player, every season. Was he rightly a player that was simply on our radar as a young promising player, did we make any overt attempts to sign him or were any public links just lazy journalism picking players and teams out of a hat to fill space in the summer.

I would also add that I would not find it weird as these players would have been scouted by lots of clubs and lots of freelance scouts, especially younger players who are already playing in the top division of a major footballing nation, therefore if we get a new scouting team or additions to the network then it is easily understandable that certain players will be on the lists and are maybe more available than when we were 'linked' with them before.

Inappropriate Behaviour
And you continue your trend of being completely pointless
Glad to see the forum is moderated by Lee Mason.

Anyway I think you can talk me into McNeil so long as the plan is to have him play very different from how he played the last 3 seasons. I don't know why we'd pay for that but whatever.

Does not have pace, doesn't score goals, doesn't creates goals. Check the stats. Typical Everton pointless signing and now when we barely have money to spend. Im absolutely speechless at the stupidity of this club. Thelwell can go jump if he sanctions this one.
I didn’t say he did, think you need to check what I wrote!

Also makes more passes, key passes, keeps possession, makes more tackles, crosses, than Richy or Gordon did last season.

End of the day he's in a Burnley team that scored 4th lowest in the division
Are you a Burnley fan? He scored 1 goal last season with zero assists how the hell does that compare to richy or Gordon

I mentioned no names yet you deducted it was you. ?
Anyway this is the mcneil thread so why are people talking about David moyes ?

Glad to see the forum is moderated by Lee Mason.

You received a warning for being blatantly off topic.

Snide remarks towards our moderation for very blatant, and obvious moderation isn't helpful.

The thread is about Dwight McNeil. Posts then should be about Dwight McNeil. It's not a big ask.

Probably because we (and most other clubs) are linked with every player, every season. Was he rightly a player that was simply on our radar as a young promising player, did we make any overt attempts to sign him or were any public links just lazy journalism picking players and teams out of a hat to fill space in the summer.

I would also add that I would not find it weird as these players would have been scouted by lots of clubs and lots of freelance scouts, especially younger players who are already playing in the top division of a major footballing nation, therefore if we get a new scouting team or additions to the network then it is easily understandable that certain players will be on the lists and are maybe more available than when we were 'linked' with them before.
Ok mate, chill out

Didn’t know Dwight McNeil would cause such a divide, but I suppose it probably would happen with anyone with the way frustrations have been boiling over.

I’m much more concerned with the allocation of seemingly limited resources than I am about McNeil as a player. He’ll help us but he can’t be one of the best players we add this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.