Duncan McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sums up George Henry Lee as a manager he preferred Jim Pearson to Dunc but due to fans giving him down the banks he reluctantly played Dunc. I will say although we won zilch they where happy days and that team with the right gaffer would have won the league. Nulty was a Lee player, tried like hell and loyal but Port Vale standard "as captain" though.

I dont remember him as a player, but I did enjoy this story about him and Lee when Everton played some game in Egypt, or in the Middle East anyrate.

The local language was French, or Flemish, and Dunc had learnt the language after playing at Anderlect, I think.

Either way, Lee didnt have a clue, so Dunc was the interpreter with the local media.

"Mr Lee, whats its like to see Everton play in Africa?"

"We arnt in Africa, we are in Egypt".

Dunc, in French. "The boss is honoured to be here, its a great country"

Media. "What do you make of your opponents, (random local club)?"

Lee. "No idea. Never heard of them"

Dunc. In French. "They will be a tough opponent. Their midfield is very strong"

Following Bally and big Joe who were my all time heroes, I was 16/17 when Duncan came along, he lit up my Goodison and gave me hope, I was then saddened by his departure and never took to Lee for that, I was at Goodison when he scored that goal for Chelsea, the roof nearly came off the place.
Duncan is a genuinely funny guy and his after dinner speaking is hilarious.

Here it is lads just ordered it on ebay cheap as chips -

I dont remember him as a player, but I did enjoy this story about him and Lee when Everton played some game in Egypt, or in the Middle East anyrate.

The local language was French, or Flemish, and Dunc had learnt the language after playing at Anderlect, I think.

Either way, Lee didnt have a clue, so Dunc was the interpreter with the local media.

"Mr Lee, whats its like to see Everton play in Africa?"

"We arnt in Africa, we are in Egypt".

Dunc, in French. "The boss is honoured to be here, its a great country"

Media. "What do you make of your opponents, (random local club)?"

Lee. "No idea. Never heard of them"

Dunc. In French. "They will be a tough opponent. Their midfield is very strong"
Yep I heard that one brilliant just ordered his book The Last Fancy Dan posted a photo above .....

Hickson9, now there’s a name and number to admire, he wasn’t the best player Everton ever had but he was the only footballer I ever idolised, a player I met a few times on the number 3 bus going to Goodison, I’d get on in St. Anne Street and Davie would be upstairs with John Willie Parker, Ted Buckle once or twice and Jimmy Harris, they’d all chat away to us young enchanted kids, especially Davie. Magic days.

Dave Hickson was my Great Grandad's favourite player (and he saw Dixie play!).

I met Mr Hickson a couple of times in the last few years before he died and he was a lovely man, a true gentleman and an Evertonian through and through. Legend.

I have always considered that McKenzie was the reason for Latchford scoring his 30 goals in that season. Quite simply, defenders had to concentrate on two main attackers rather than one, and I consider McKenzie by his presence opened up far more opportunities for Latchford than would otherwise have been the case.

I have always considered that McKenzie was the reason for Latchford scoring his 30 goals in that season. Quite simply, defenders had to concentrate on two main attackers rather than one, and I consider McKenzie by his presence opened up far more opportunities for Latchford than would otherwise have been the case.
He was , but the mercurial Dave Thomas was the catalyst for it.
What a sight them 3 were .
Latchford ,Thomas & McKenzie.

Christ nearly forgot Andy King there.

Glen Keeley came close in a 20 min career
Glen Keeley was an excellent centre half, I’ve said it more than once on here, the man responsible for Keeley’s poor performance that day, in the Derby game against Liverpool was Everton’s manager Howard Kendall, Keeley signed on loan from Blackburn hadn’t played all season, he told Kendall he wasn’t match fit, wasn’t ready to play, Howard told him he’d be okay, it was patently obvious from the start Keeley was right and Howard was wrong, we the fans paid for Kendall’s incompetence that day. I repeat Glen Keeley was a very good footballer, Kendall let Keeley down that afternoon, he also let us fans and Everton FC down that day. Glen Keeley was blameless and left hung out to dry.

It shows what a messed up bunch we are, why we are never satisfied. A large majority will worship the ground that rolls royce (or fancy dan - take your pick) players like Dobson and MacKenzie walk on. Yet who can see no wrong and will cheer to the echo honest plodders like Niase and The Straq.
We are Orwellian Doublethink writ large

Glen Keeley was an excellent centre half, I’ve said it more than once on here, the man responsible for Keeley’s poor performance that day, in the Derby game against Liverpool was Everton’s manager Howard Kendall, Keeley signed on loan from Blackburn hadn’t played all season, he told Kendall he wasn’t match fit, wasn’t ready to play, Howard told him he’d be okay, it was patently obvious from the start Keeley was right and Howard was wrong, we the fans paid for Kendall’s incompetence that day. I repeat Glen Keeley was a very good footballer, Kendall let Keeley down that afternoon, he also let us fans and Everton FC down that day. Glen Keeley was blameless and left hung out to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.