Duncan McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great player but a bit selfish, which is why Lee sold him. Not a popular move at the time, but the right one considering the team the following couple of seasons was one of the best I've seen.

I cannot agree with that.

Duncan was an integral part of the very entertaining 1977/78 side, Gordon’s first full season, which was involved in the title race all season.

He made 28 starts and scored 9 goals.

Gordon’s team was never as good after Mac was sold at the end of that campaign.

We all agreeeeee.......Duncan McKenzie is magic.....:)

dm 1.jpg
dm 2.jpg
dm 3.jpg

He was my Dad's favourite player back in the day. That's good enough for me.
Hickson9, now there’s a name and number to admire, he wasn’t the best player Everton ever had but he was the only footballer I ever idolised, a player I met a few times on the number 3 bus going to Goodison, I’d get on in St. Anne Street and Davie would be upstairs with John Willie Parker, Ted Buckle once or twice and Jimmy Harris, they’d all chat away to us young enchanted kids, especially Davie. Magic days.

I think the comments are a bit harsh ,watch the clips and the conditions and then wait until Bernard does something next time he plays.Then think back to those clips .He was a top player -a maverick ,yes -but the type I love to see in a blue shirt .
Oh and I too have seen the 63 side live just for comparison to what we are watching now .

Status
Not open for further replies.