Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s taking over until we find a viable replacement. I think personally his appointment has quashed the Moyes rumours and Brands will looking for a proven coach which I think is the right thing to do. All we can do now is get behind the team starting Saturday. This is bigger than the board the players and us the fans it’s about the club. Let’s put our egos aside and make Goodison a bear pit on Saturday and get behind the team from the 1st minute.

You think if you saw Dunc kicking off on someone in the team, you wouldn't put in a bit of extra effort so he didn't kick off on you? He doesn't have to hit anyone to be intimidating if that's the route he wanted to go down.

Anyone who has met Duncan also knows how charismatic he is as well, I've seen him hold court loads of times and I don't mean with fans.

I've no idea if he'll do well or not, but I hope he succeeds, Everton have never won anything without an ex-player in charge and he's an Evertonian through and through.

If players get screamed at they just run and cry to their agents who in turn feed the press stories. The back up against the wall type of approach doesnt work in football anymore at the top levels. Managers instead have to build rapport or inspire with their aura. That's just the way it is, footballers are little boys looking for a big brother figure.

There isn’t a huge amount he can do with his team selection mind.
Think it will boil down to Holgate or Sidibe, Morgan or Gylfi and Kean or DCL.

At least he'll inspire a bit of passion

as long as he drops Siggy, Morgan and DCL he is good for me. Brands will have lots of time to agree with a proven manager.

Go get them big Dunc

He's in charge for 1 game FFS have you heard some in here manager was sacked which majority wanted then we get Dunc to manage team Saturday maybe a couple more games while club find and appoint a new mabager. some can't be pleased saying no to everybody linked pointing out all the bad points about every possible manager I don't want Moyes don't want a few others being touted but to slate Ferguson as he's been asked to do a job FFS at least it won't be same terd different day as it was with Silva. And you never know he could be half decent even get us a few points on the board.

While there’s nothing at all to suggest he could make it long term as a manager, if his one game in charge results in a win, I’ll be immensely happy.

We’ve not had much to cheer about lately, and while there would be plenty to still be concerned about, you’d have to be dead inside to not be ecstatic to see Dunc win a game as manager.

Fully behind him.

But how will anybody understand him? I watched that interview on TTV and I struggled to make out a word he was saying. And I've been reading Irvine Welsh for 20 years...

All this "the players won't dare get away with hiding with Dunc as manager" dribble. What's he going to do to a player who puts in a gutless performance and doesn't care about the badge?

So embarrassing, people making out like he has Sir Alex Ferguson's level of aura.
Might have the audacity to raise his voice in the changing rooms at some players putting them in their places. Silva never allowed shouting in the dressing room and he frowned upon it. .

Status
Not open for further replies.