Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask yourself an honest question and give yourself an honest answer.
Are you the same person you were, 25 years ago?
Give the guy a chance
I will always give him.a chance and i.hope he does well
But I'll ask you a question Dunc has been the coach under the last 4 managers. Has he made us a better team

Could his be his team selection
Pickford..
Coleman..Holgate..Mina..Digne.
Walcott..Sidibe..Davies..Bernard
Kean.Ricko
Amongst the subs Niasse

But I'll ask you a question Dunc has been the coach under the last 4 managers. Has he made us a better team
Well I cannot comment on the previous three but know for a fact that Marco Silva took all the training sessions and kept Duncan well in he background

His role differs from manager to manager, under some he’s heavily involved & others his roles limited. Not sure how he’s meant to ‘make us a better team’?

Well I cannot comment on the previous three but know for a fact that Marco Silva took all the training sessions and kept Duncan well in he background
So why did he stay there. Why not put in for a job with a lower league team and get some experience.
I'd said I hope he does well but feel and it's my opinion that he has been there just as window dressing

I wonder how much influence any of those managers actually let him have, none of them brought him in after all.
Maybe they all thought he was the work-experience kid. Ruffled his head now and again, pretended to be interested in his pigeon hobby, shrug their shoulders when asked why he's always on the bench or in the changies. Mental stuff

Saturday has got Mikie Bassett half time team talk all over it, really pumped up and then ..."Everton go on to lose 4-0"

His role differs from manager to manager, under some he’s heavily involved & others his roles limited. Not sure how he’s meant to ‘make us a better team’?
So for some his role had been limited. So just taking the money? Why not try yr luck as a manager with a lower league team and get experience.
For me he's part of the problem with the last few years.
But I hope he proves me wrong and does really well.

So for some his role had been limited. So just taking the money? Why not try yr luck as a manager with a lower league team and get experience.
For me he's part of the problem with the last few years.
But I hope he proves me wrong and does really well.

He was originally offered an ambassador job by Everton but turned it down because he wanted to be a coach. If he wanted to take the money he’d have done that.

Despite being declared bankrupt, he worked for the club for free for 2 years & earned himself a position coaching under Sheedy in the academy.

He’s went on from there to prove himself, worked 7 days a week and put a shift in, passed all his coaching badges (including the pro licence) and worked his way up to the role he’s got now.

If it was a case of jobs for the boys, there’s plenty of former players doing coaching roles in the academy or showing there face at functions on behalf of the club as ‘ambassadors’. He’s worked under the managers the club employs, in the role he’s asked to perform.

Fair enough if you’re not a fan of his, but don’t make out he’s hasn’t earned his place In the coaching set-up. He doesn’t warrant the stick he’s getting for other people’s failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.