Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to remember irrespective of the results in the remaining games Big Dunc still has left in charge.

What will happen to the dressing room if the spirit is on fire, the fight is there and the players love and respect him?

It's not the normal new manager bounce you'd get, it could be a lead balloon.......especially if it were a Howe/Moyes/Pierra/Emery sort of figure.

I want to see this man in charge of a fit squad and managing some of the"should win" games. Let's see what we'd do to a Norwich now with this new ethos he's got instilled in the dressing room.

it’s not at all. It’s organisation and threat, the Fat man hoofed it to Tosun with nobody within 40 yards.

Fat Sam’s tactics were to boot the ball out for a throw-in and have 10 men behind the half way line. Ferguson plays direct football, which is the most effective type of football in the Premier League.

The RS (the team at the top of the league) play direct football. Just watch when we end up playing them in the League Cup semifinals or something, their fullbacks will be bypassing our midfield and hitting it long to their attacking forwards ALL DAY LONG!

You reduce your chance of scoring and increase your chance of conceding when you try to play through midfields in the Premier League.

You may be 100% right with this.
But it's far from Allardyce with more conviction/work rate.
We actually look to score goals.

I agree - its just annoying we can never appreciate the temporary nature of something without the fans/local rags clamouring for heart over head decisions.

He should never be considered for a full time role however I worry he will get it the longer the managerial search drags out.

As I said - its all good now backs against the wall all in it together against the big boys - come April when its a soggy 3pm kick off against Norwich fans will be tearing their hair out and the style when said teams have 10 behind the ball.

Fans cant be against Moyes/Dyche then champion this as the long term philosophy as its ultimately 90% the same thing.

I also dont want to start hating the bloke when it inevitably turns sour.

If we win our home games and draw our away games I couldn’t give a kopite if we’re the new Wimbledon.

however, you’re chatting wham. everyone knows it. You know it. You don’t like DF in charge. We get it.

Im happy with him as an interim.

Anyone wanting him as full time manager after two games is an ostrich.

We have to start being more professional as a club and plan for the future appointing the best manager available.

He has the players giving 100% and has been tactically excellent.
The fans love him too.

What more can any manager offer.

Brands is supposedly in charge of recruitment so that isn't an issue as such either.
Another thing to remember irrespective of the results in the remaining games Big Dunc still has left in charge.

What will happen to the dressing room if the spirit is on fire, the fight is there and the players love and respect him?

It's not the normal new manager bounce you'd get, it could be a lead balloon.......especially if it were a Howe/Moyes/Pierra/Emery sought of figure.

I want to see this man in charge of a fit squad and managing some of the"should win" games. Let's see what we'd do to a Norwich now with this new ethos he's got instilled in the dressing room.
Or he starts alienating players (tosun and kean) and loses the dressing room.

I think moshiri will let him carry on until a top class manager is found.

Genuinely think Duncan can only take us so far tacticallybut for this run over the winter he's ideal.

Good run under Dunc will give us real time to properly look for a long term successsor as apposed making another knee jerk appointment.

If he wins against Leicester then the decision is made.

The fans will riot if he doesn't get it.

Even if it is only an individual riot in a South London pub that involves no violence or disruption to the establishment or patrons. The board won't be able to ignore the people's voice.

Sidibie Out

Digne Taken Off

GBamin Out

Gomes Out

Schniderlin Out

Delph Out

Sigurdsson Out

Walcott Out

Bernard first game back from injury in a long time wasn’t even at 50% today.

To go to Old Trafford and come back with a point given half of your first team squad was out, playing with a centre half in midfield but still actually putting in a brilliant effort where we created plenty of chances and could have potentially scored more, against a team who went away to Man City last week and beat them is a very very good result.

Because its the novelty

- different formation
- two up top
- passionate manager on the back of dour Silva
- legend ex player on the touchline

As I said if we gave him the gig full time it wont be long before we are drawing games at home 1-1 against galoot sides like Palace and Newcastle with the fans desperate to see us doing some incisive passing to open them up not long ball after long ball that keeps coming back.

We saw today with Maguire it doesnt work - it worked at Chelsea because the atmosphere was bouncing at home and chelsea's CB's didnt want a battle.

Made up with 4 points but all im saying is fans wanting Dunc given the job full time need to give their heads a shake.

Going forward we need a manager who can have us competing.
Very hard to judge our team today, massively depleted and against a nearly full fit Utd team. Walcott would have been handy to have today. Cracking point today well done Dunc.

I agree - its just annoying we can never appreciate the temporary nature of something without the fans/local rags clamouring for heart over head decisions.

He should never be considered for a full time role however I worry he will get it the longer the managerial search drags out.

As I said - its all good now backs against the wall all in it together against the big boys - come April when its a soggy 3pm kick off against Norwich fans will be tearing their hair out and the style when said teams have 10 behind the ball.

Fans cant be against Moyes/Dyche then champion this as the long term philosophy as its ultimately 90% the same thing.

I also dont want to start hating the bloke when it inevitably turns sour.

I'm not for giving it to him. But to compare him to the typical 'dour managers' already is a bit tight. It's not all passion and commitment. There were some sound decisions with that team selection and set up that maybe says he's pretty good at this management lark.
I do agree it's too early to be offering him it, but he does buy time with the decision.

Fat Sam’s tactics were to boot the ball out for a throw-in and have 10 men behind the half way line. Ferguson plays direct football, which is the most effective type of football in the Premier League.

The RS (the team at the top of the league) play direct football. Just watch when we end up playing them in the League Cup semifinals or something, their fullbacks will be bypassing our midfield and hitting it long to their attacking forwards ALL DAY LONG!

You reduce your chance of scoring and increase your chance of conceding when you try to play through midfields in the Premier League.

Never once did Fat Sam start with 2 strikers

Its the sort of rash heart over head decision that got OGS the Utd gig - players will inevitably put in more of a shift for a club figurehead but give it a few months and the hype and intensity will drop.

He's going a good job whilst we assess candidates but there should be no way he gets the job on a full time basis.

My fear is Moshiri who seems to always want to be the popular guy in the eyea of the fans will cave in to fan sentiment / Kenwrong in his ear and will likely sack off someone like Ancelotti, Kovac or Marcelino in order to take the cheap gamble on Dunc.

Given how poor we have been and the growing injury list, the performances under Duncan have been alarmingly good. I don't think it's 'inevitable' that players will put in a shift for a figurehead, there are plenty who crash and burn at the first hurdle and our very own HK was almost sacked in 1983. My over riding fear is that the last three managers (excluding Sam) have just not been able to get enough traction to build on, so why do we think this time will be any different? If we hire another pup it will be seriously embarrassing for the board, in their shoes I think I would be asking Duncan to give it a go and back him in the January window.

Status
Not open for further replies.