Duncan Ferguson Moving On

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF, he came across as nervous and a bit manic on BT for the derby. The presenter, Crouch and Rio looked ill at ease with him.

I really dont think a career as a pundit awaits.
FGS Dave you would not dare say this to his face - he has to move on let him do it peacefully he is always welcome at Goodison he never let us down when standing in - with a good record in charge - I hope he gets a good apprenticeship as one day we may need him back as manager... as a player he was an icon not a Legend - most fans respect him - still speaks well of pour club why all this nasty vitriol in your post ?

TBF, he came across as nervous and a bit manic on BT for the derby. The presenter, Crouch and Rio looked ill at ease with him.

I really dont think a career as a pundit awaits.
1662899494072.png

This will continue until your nonsense stops

The look on Jimmy Bullards' face when he realises that Big Dunc has pretty much lost it, always makes me laugh. To be fair to him though, he was the only one willing to go to Ferguson and try to get him to simmer down.

There's a relatively recent interview with Jimmy Bullard on this incident which is quite entertaining

View attachment 183513

This will continue until your nonsense stops
Did you see his BT appearance at the derby?

A lot of it was unintelligable to most I would have thought, unless they are Scottish or have lived there; and the body language and the way he talked was way too in your face / manic for comfort.

That's just how he came across. What he said was pretty reasonable, tbf. But on telly appearance and presentation trumps content. ?‍♂️

FGS Dave you would not dare say this to his face - he has to move on let him do it peacefully he is always welcome at Goodison he never let us down when standing in - with a good record in charge - I hope he gets a good apprenticeship as one day we may need him back as manager... as a player he was an icon not a Legend - most fans respect him - still speaks well of pour club why all this nasty vitriol in your post ?
I remember him as a player...as I'm sure you do. If you think he never let us down then you obvioulsy have a short memory.

Maybe he doesn't want to. That's probably a good enough reason.

I guess you know his reasons and innermost thoughts thoughts though judging by your posts.
Two months ago when he left:

“It’s been a massive decision for me, an incredibly difficult one but I need to move on, to take that next step in my career and look for that new challenge,” Ferguson told evertontv. “Being a caretaker manager has given me confidence to step into management.”

Probably should have taken Dundee's offer. I know it's very small time but he needs a gig where they'll be little spotlight and low expectations, his personality means he won't cope in a pressure enviroment.

A few solid years in the SPL would put him in contention for the Rangers job, or possibly for a comfy Championship club.

He's well into his 50s, he's left it too late to build himself a proper CV by stepping up gradually over a 10 year period like most do. He can however have a cosy little management career somewhere if he doesn't set his sights too high.

Probably should have taken Dundee's offer. I know it's very small time but he needs he a gig where they'll be little spotlight and low expectations. A few solid years there would put him in contention for the Rangers job, or possibly a comfy Championship club.

He's well into his 50s, he's left it too late to build himself a proper CV by stepping up gradually over a 10 year period like most do. He can however have a cosy little management career somewhere if he doesn't set his sights too high.
He wouldn't take the plunge and go out to say a Milton Keynes Dons or Doncaster or some such club. He thought he could coast into the Everton hot seat after another Everton manager was dismissed. That was his strategy. In earlier times when that idiot Kenwright was calling the shots he might have got his chance, but no way was he getting it in the Moshiri-Usmanov period.

….I still suspect he was manoeuvred out of Everton because he literally didn’t have a job. There was no sign of Lampard seeking his counsel, and the manager has surrounded himself with folk he knows and trusts.

The ‘leaving to seek a managerial post elsewhere’ is a bit of a smokescreen to mask reality. I think he knows he’d struggle running a club & he’s been well looked after with a leaving package.

i never bought not the romantic Mr Everton thing. I think he’s a very lucky man being at the club for so long.

I remember him as a player...as I'm sure you do. If you think he never let us down then you obvioulsy have a short memory.
As a player I stated never a legend perhaps over rated - we sold him to Newcastle as agent Johnson wanted rid for much needed cash ..'.'.

He was a player fans loved in the bad days ....

Plus some still like him he has done no wrong ...

….I still suspect he was manoeuvred out of Everton because he literally didn’t have a job. There was no sign of Lampard seeking his counsel, and the manager has surrounded himself with folk he knows and trusts.

The ‘leaving to seek a managerial post elsewhere’ is a bit of a smokescreen to mask reality. I think he knows he’d struggle running a club & he’s been well looked after with a leaving package.

i never bought not the romantic Mr Everton thing. I think he’s a very lucky man being at the club for so long.
It started with Benitez tbh

Under Carlo he was very much part of the scene especially from the dug out.
Benitez shunted him to the back bench , i'd bet there where a few words exchanged.
Can't knock him tho he brought another side to Lukaku's & Dom's game.
They both came on leaps & bounds through his input.

Lampard did what all his predecessors should have done: get someone out who potentially could start a dressing room flounce against him.

Lampard did what all his predecessors should have done: get someone out who potentially could start a dressing room flounce against him.

…I think he just didn’t rate him so didn’t use him. Ferguson was used to having the run of FF but suddenly he was unimportant.

i wouldn’t be surprised if he had a chat with Lampard about his situation & was told there was no role for him.

Two months ago when he left:

“It’s been a massive decision for me, an incredibly difficult one but I need to move on, to take that next step in my career and look for that new challenge,” Ferguson told evertontv. “Being a caretaker manager has given me confidence to step into management.”
It doesn't say he wants the Dundee United job. Give yourself a day off mate it's pretty tedious

Status
Not open for further replies.