Duncan Ferguson For Leadership?

Would you give Big Dunc the job until at least the end of the season, possibly for the forseeable?

• Yes

Votes: 108 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 124 53.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the man.

As a football coach, or whatever he is, he’s been through several failed regimes. He is a person of some apparent power or responsibility in the footballing side of the operation but seems to have no particular brief. Since a fuzzy org chart has been another symptom of our malaise, let him go somewhere else and get some experience.

The fact he hasnt even tried to get a job as a manager someone else says a lot about him as a potential manager, he isnt interested, obviously he might want it but he hasnt even tried to learn the trade and im sure in Scotland at least one club might of given him ago, and if none of them fancy him then no way we should.

Like him or not it would be madness to sack Benitez now, so the situation shouldn't arise.
I'd like to see Dunc go and learn the ropes elsewhere before he ever got a full time appointment- though if we were in a relegation scrap without a manager I'd have him over Fat Sam.

The only problem with appointing club legends as managers is it can tarnish there reputation if it fails... it always looks fantastic on paper the old boy coming back but how often does it actually work out.. George Graham managed it at Arsenal.. Glenn Hoddle and Ossie Ardiled failed at Spurs.. Souness failed across the park.. Stuart Pearce at Forest.. Lampard at Chelsea.. law of averages is it never goes well..

Same passionate tattoo wearing chest beating center forward

Who cried out of taking a penalty in a league cup shootout against sunderland

Naa mate he's a sham and half the problem with the club

If it’s a choice between him for the rest of the season, or Benitez for the rest of the season, I would take Duncan all day. The only proviso I would have, is that when a new permanent manager is appointed, Duncan should walk away from the club and go and get himself a job somewhere else away from his comfort zone.
A well balanced and reasoned post.

The only problem with appointing club legends as managers is it can tarnish there reputation if it fails... it always looks fantastic on paper the old boy coming back but how often does it actually work out.. George Graham managed it at Arsenal.. Glenn Hoddle and Ossie Ardiled failed at Spurs.. Souness failed across the park.. Stuart Pearce at Forest.. Lampard at Chelsea.. law of averages is it never goes well..
Anyone considering Ferguson a club legend needs to give their head a wobble.

The poster boy for a decade of utter mediocrity, guy whose ”passion" more often dropped us in a mess in games by getting the early bath, mediocre scoring record, terrible disciplinary one, shocking injury record, won one thing and was no thanks to him really we did.

Not even close to a top ten list of our forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.