Drenthe ..sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drenthe isn't on Twitter.

He was always going to be a problem but I thought Moyes would have a bit of success as he seemed to be willing to knuckle down going from his interviews when he joined but I'm not suprised he is in trouble. Things would of been different for us if he played yesterday as he adds a further dimension to our game but if he's causing trouble then Moyes has no other option.

Anybody else feel like we've been playing with house money since Drenthe came on and gave us a spark? With all the talk of his past discipline problems, it seemed like an odd fit...like there was always going to be a catch. Was hoping he'd matured, but obviously that was a pipe dream.

Without knowing the details, it is curious to bring in a difficult player and then ship him out when he acts up. I suspect Moyes was desperate and wouldn't have tried it under different circumstances, e.g. like if we'd had our January acquisitions.

Sad to lose his electric play, but whatevs...tend to agree w/ the dawg. Be a hothead, fine, but be one that shows up.

Option A - play him this one game, make him feel he's forgiven, wanted, valuable to the team....then put the knife in afterwards.
listen i think everyone on here knows my feelings about moyes ,but i back him 100 per cent on this 1 end of ,i did say thou 3 weeks after we signed roy he needs loving and an arm around the shoulder ,moyes is not that type of manager it was allways going to end in tears ,

listen i think everyone on here knows my feelings about moyes ,but i back him 100 per cent on this 1 end of ,i did say thou 3 weeks after we signed roy he needs loving and an arm around the shoulder ,moyes is not that type of manager it was allways going to end in tears ,

Sounds like he needs to **** off to Spurs then.

Drenthe has had just as many games where he's made no impact whatsoever as games where he has. It's not like he's Messi. Absolutely no guarantee he would have made a damn's worth of difference, and what does that say to the rest of the squad? HE let the team, and all of us down. This is HIS fault.

The bit in bold ... spot on, and if he screwed up just before one of the biggest games in our recent history then he has to answer for it.

But, he's a fantastic talent and could have made a big difference to Everton, which is really sad. Basically Everton, and Moyes, gave him a chance to show us, and the rest of the football world, what he can do, and he's let us, the fans, his fellow pros and Moyes down. We may never know exactly what he did to be left out of the squad, but, whatever it was, I'm sure he knew the likely consequences and he carried on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.