Confirmed Signing Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore is a good player, would be amazed if Chelsea let him go though
They let Lamptey and the Southampton lad go because they wouldn't sign new contracts and Chelsea knew with the likes of James around they weren't going to be able to offer them first team football. Both Kante and Jorginho are world class and in their prime, so it's unlikely Gilmour will be getting much game time before his own contract expires next summer. If he refuses to sign a new one then Chelsea may let him go. They may not but it isn't as much as a long shot as you make out.

They let Lamptey and the Southampton lad go because they wouldn't sign new contracts and Chelsea knew with the likes of James around they weren't going to be able to offer them first team football. Both Kante and Jorginho are world class and in their prime, so it's unlikely Gilmour will be getting much game time before his own contract expires next summer. If he refuses to sign a new one then Chelsea may let him go. They may not but it isn't as much as a long shot as you make out.

If the same applies to Gallagher then I'd rather we went there - I rate Gilmour but Gallagher is a fantastic player who would improve 18 of the other sides in the PL.

So what are we thinking, he will play an advanced role in a midfield three.
3B9F2EFC-3411-4B68-BC31-DA1F1A31AD92.jpeg
“From what I’ve seen so far he’d get a game at centre back.”

1DF16DA0-9EC7-4D92-A029-6213AA50C59C.jpeg

“No, but seriously, the defenders are terrible.”

A midfielder does not need pace if you plan on playing with a high press in MF, the CB's will yes.

If you are playing in a low block and conceding possession like we have done for god knows how long then you need people chasing after the ball for sure, Frank has said he likes a high press, I can actually see him playing Godfrey at CB

I normally disagree when people say someone ‘couldn’t do any worse’ or ‘must be an improvement’ but in this case I’d have to say that’s the case. The midfield is absolutely abysmal, even just him existing and giving us enough people to play 3 in there makes us better. I’ve hardly seen anything of him but he only needs to be vaguely competent to improve us massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.