2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a hater.. this is like Barkley all over again... I like his attitude but he is not good enough in front of goal and his decision making is terrible. People kept comparing Barkley and saying he was better than Gerard,scholes and lampard at the same age, DCL is being compared to Kane , sharp. He's not good enough and never will be imo. I don't hate him I just don't want him playing for us

Yet he's on par with our £45mill man for assists and goals having been played on the wing, lone striker, and wing back.

Our fans are always hypercritical of our young players, expecting more from them, and it masks the fact that most of the senior players need to be ousted way before the kids do.

Been like that for years and is a huge problem

I am a rubbish finisher myself so can't really comment. But I've always heard and kind of assumed that players can work hard in training and become better finishers. Is that true or is it mainly natural talent?

I'd say it's 95%+ talent. These lads have played 1000's of hours of football even by 16 years old. Experience can help but the majority of the top level strikers are born finishers.

Was this lad brought in to go in to our first though? I was under the impression when he arrived that he was 'one for the future' but as the summer dragged on and lukaku wasnt replaced he became our only other option.

Theres talent there, needs to work long and hard on composure and finishing.

Should he be in our 1st team? No

In his first 5 seasons Alan Shearer played 118 games and scored 23 goals(First Division with Southampton), he didn't turn out to shabby did he,imagine these days he'd be sent to the knackers yard for stats like that.

Thierry Henry played 105 and scored 20 for Monaco in his first 5 seasons...The list goes on.

It's too early too write this lad off

The way he fluffed his chance looked very unnatural. You'd expect your striker to be getting his head over that ball and hit it low and hard. The laid back leaning back ballooned shot was proper Sunday league stuff.

Shame because he had been very good till that point

..where he’s concerned, I think it’s as much state of mind as technique. A striker is desperate for that ball to break to him. He’ll have sized up his position and know where the keeper is. I honestly don’t think DCLs mind works that way. He’ll be watching the ball, watching the play but not imagining the ball will break to him.

I watched the U23s and saw young Hornby busting a gut to get on the end of a great pass from the RB but it was all about reaching the ball and not converting the pass into a goal. I wonder how the coaches work with these young forwards.

AT ANOTHER CLUB LAD

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.