2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him. Come on loads but you've got to admit his finishing is truly shocking. The miss vs Bournemouth last week was bad and how hebkissed that header yesterday

2 superb pieces of hold up play last night ( albeit one he then had a terrible touch and had to kick it out for a throw ) show how much his game is improving.

Terrible miss at the end though I haven't seen it again so maybe it was just a world class save

Looked full of confidence when he came on last night. Very good to see and his performance all round good. Gives us a focal point and threat in behind (and ability and presence to hold it up).
Yes should have buried header. If he continues to put himself in those areas he will score and have a feeling 1 in the PL and plenty more will come.
Really excited about this kid.

I think (hope) that’s a nap for Sunday mate.
It's not though is it :/ that's the big problem with Ron. Just play an effin settled team with DCL upfront, big Oumar buzzing about him, with some wide players.
Rotate bloody attacking midfielders, not the rest of the team.

It's not though is it :/ that's the big problem with Ron. Just play an effin settled team with DCL upfront, big Oumar buzzing about him, with some wide players.
Rotate bloody attacking midfielders, not the rest of the team.

Vlasic Davies Gana Lookman
DCL Niasse

Jib off all the expensive nobodies that can't do anything at the minute.

Needs to improve his finishing in the air as it's not the first time he should have got us all 3 points and failed to take the opportunity. Last season he should have buried a header at Hull away and somehow missed and he's done the same last night. Think he should have done better at the weekend with 2 as well. The header in the first half and could have thrown his head at the Kenny cross but he tried using his foot and put it over.

Having said that, he is good in the air at winning flick ons due to his height and he battles well so there are definitely promising signs that he can provide a different option.

I have no idea how or why people are predicting him becoming a regular goal scorer though. Obviously he's young but he has shown no sign of it so far and his goals this season have come against two awful sides in Ruzomberok and Sunderland. He needs to start finishing some of his chances because he does get in good positions.

Never will be an regular scorer, works hard but without any real quality. Sad times when people are pinning him as our only real hope up front

Never will be an regular scorer, works hard but without any real quality. Sad times when people are pinning him as our only real hope up front

He has 1 goal from 17 in the League. By comparison Francis Jeffers scored 6 from his first 16 League games for Everton. Think that gives a bit of an indication that Calvert-Lewin is not showing any signs that he is going to be a regular goal scorer.

I could be wrong though and hope I am. Not writing the lad off because he has shown signs of promise but don't get why people are claiming he could be a top top player in a few years. Why not wait and see how he progresses this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.