2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeps impressing me, my MOtM today.The problem I am having here is..
1. He is being ask to do too much for a striker. We all want to see effort from players but a striker that works too hard just doesn't score goals. Smarts.
2. Keeps straying away from position towards the ball. Shows why he hardly gets a shot on target. Patience.
3. Being used to inject pace into attack. By the time he gets into box, he is either tired or spaces have been closed off. Better support.
All this is down to tactical problems not being tackled by management. We are in danger of developing another second striker. He is learning his craft and should be taught the right way. Play around and off the shoulders of the CBs not off them, shooting chances don't come often in those areas.

Ridiculous he is starting.

Never ever live down the fact we have replaced one of the best strikers in the league with this lad. What a complete mess we are.

I understand why people are keen to give him praise. There's an obsession to do that with all youth players but he's out of his depth at the moment. Not really his fault though.

Keeps impressing me, my MOtM today.The problem I am having here is..
1. He is being ask to do too much for a striker. We all want to see effort from players but a striker that works too hard just doesn't score goals. Smarts.
2. Keeps straying away from position towards the ball. Shows why he hardly gets a shot on target. Patience.
3. Being used to inject pace into attack. By the time he gets into box, he is either tired or spaces have been closed off. Better support.
All this is down to tactical problems not being tackled by management. We are in danger of developing another second striker. He is learning his craft and should be taught the right way. Play around and off the shoulders of the CBs not off them, shooting chances don't come often in those areas.

He's impressing you and was MOM today? You couldn't make it up.

He's impressing you and was MOM today? You couldn't make it up.
Haha...
The other one I consider for that award you won't agree with(Rooney).. Only chose him because I thought Rooney could have played closer to him. He was doing a lot of heavy lifting alone till Niasse came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.