2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always rated from when Koeman first introduced him and stuck by him. He has continued to improve with every game. But we are now approaching the point where he needs to be scoring more regularly. A striker however technically proficient and talented he is with the rest of his game , still needs to score a little more frequently than he has thus far.
Still believe he will be a top player though.

Genuinely don't know what you are looking at.

Good player but needs to lift his productivity scoring wise.
Worth persevering with though as him and Rooney have potential to form a great partnership a la Heath and Sharpie.

Young lad with some talent. Not his fault. But... i keep saying...
Should not be leading the line for us. He is nowhere near good enough for premier level yet. What is the point in playing rooney in number 10 if this lad doesnt finish chances or get himself into enough goal scoring positions.
The options are bad but rooney will slot if playing up top. Sygi will be good enough to play as a number 10. We have played him as a winger ffs.

Dcl is just not good enough. End of.

Call me crazy but I'm still not seeing the next kane or sharp here lads.
Thats not crazy. Those who think this kid is good enough to be leading the line are the loopy ones. Its nit ideal but Rooney in his aging years needs to be played up top as he will slot the goals until jan (and the necessary replacement is bought )that might save us come may.

I have always rated from when Koeman first introduced him and stuck by him. He has continued to improve with every game. But we are now approaching the point where he needs to be scoring more regularly. A striker however technically proficient and talented he is with the rest of his game , still needs to score a little more frequently than he has thus far.
Still believe he will be a top player though.
Maybe he will be one day, but he's not now. And he doesn't need to score "a little more frequently". He's not an EPL caliber CF right now, although he shouldn't expect to be at this point.

I don't want to sound a party pooper because that's not how I roll ( l love a party me), but people comparing him to Harry Kane are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.