2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

King had 11 games at Everton. I dont know how many he actually started.
Maupay You can check my comments in his thread. Ive never thought he was a bad player. But he is totally the opposite to what everton needed.
But regardless and ive posted this a few times. I dont expect much from calvert lewin. I dont think he's anything other than average. But no goals in 22 is taking the pish and as beto proved in one game. You dont need everything put on a plate all the time to score. Unless of course your name is calvert lewin.

Zero is the answer. Literally the number 0.

King had 11 games at Everton. I dont know how many he actually started.
Maupay You can check my comments in his thread. Ive never thought he was a bad player. But he is totally the opposite to what everton needed.
But regardless and ive posted this a few times. I dont expect much from calvert lewin. I dont think he's anything other than average. But no goals in 22 is taking the pish and as beto proved in one game. You dont need everything put on a plate all the time to score. Unless of course your name is calvert lewin.

The point was we don't seem to be a good environment for strikers and haven't for years now.

I don't think Beto improves our chances to score. I think he also lessens Doucoures impact because I'm not sure Beto can hold the ball up or bring others into play.

I think he needs to play off the shoulder/space behind defenders.

Indeed. We signed a forward who wasn't a fit. Who the manager themselves didn't fancy. There's a shock.

*Looks nervously at Beto.
Think Dyche would've wanted Beto to be honest, he kinda fits the "Dyche striker" type really - tall and somewhat athletic.

Complete miss on most other things like but at least he has that I guess?

The point was we don't seem to be a good environment for strikers and haven't for years now.

I don't think Beto improves our chances to score. I think he also lessens Doucoures impact because I'm not sure Beto can hold the ball up or bring others into play.

DCL up top to hoof to and Beto behind/off him? On paper it shouldn't work as he has crap technique, but so does Doucoure and at least it creates chaos I guess?

We'll reach a point again where we have nothing else to do but put Keane up top and aim at him anyway, so... lol

???

Didn't say otherwise, I'm defending Beto there.

But to answer - It's an Everton thing, mate.

As I've been saying for years.

People took the piss when I said Maupay would outscore new £30m signing Beto this season.

There's a reason why I said that.
Mad that some posting in this thread can't or won't see it.

I reckon @Eggs needs to share his "football for dummies" book with some of those stuck in a cycle or hatred.

Think Dyche would've wanted Beto to be honest, he kinda fits the "Dyche striker" type really - tall and somewhat athletic.

Complete miss on most other things like but at least he has that I guess?

I thought that.

Think we all maybe wrongly assumed the type of player he was.

Dyche mentioned it not long after he signed that he's not of the same mould as Calvert-Lewin.

I don't think Beto fits Dyches style - Chris Wood style. Doesn't strike me as a player who can play with back to goal/retain the ball/bring others into play.

Still early days though.

I have a feeling many have never taken to Dom and haven't forgiven him for his tongue in cheek "Everton Dads" comment/jibe a few years back.

Really want him to go on a run and score 15 before the season so he can say "see, them Dars should NEVER doubt me".

💥 💥 💥 🔥 📛 👩‍🚒 🚒

Not happening like, but would be gold.

Thats far to deep.
Just a forward who scores now and then will do. Couldnt give a fk if its Quasimodo(thats not some foreign striker btw)

DCL up top to hoof to and Beto behind/off him? On paper it shouldn't work as he has crap technique, but so does Doucoure and at least it creates chaos I guess?

We'll reach a point again where we have nothing else to do but put Keane up top and aim at him anyway, so... lol
Imagine if we played 2 up top, a RB at RB, tell the 2 wingers to hug the touchline, get their head down and put the ball into the box.

But no, I dont have any UEFA coaching badges, so I couldnt possibly understand this very simple game of football.

I said that the other day. Then someone replied calvert lewin does the same. Thats not the calvert lewin i watch.
Anyway. When he does score in whatever decade it is i'll even join in with the sycophants in here that he's class.
Just a goal dom. One will do.

The whole Beto vs Dom debate is a bit of a moot point when we don't play football to suit either of their games.

I absolutely agree that Dom is the more complete player and a lot better with his back to goal. That doesn't really matter though when we don't have any pacy players making runs behind him to capitalise on his hold up play and flick ons.

End of the day I think they're both really struggling to find a way to be effective in the system we play which is unfortunately down to the manager.

While I would say that I don't think we have players that can suit Doms game, I do actually think we could put together a team with our squad that would play to Beto's strengths. We have a goalie and 2 centre backs who are good with their feet and confident playing through a press. We have 2 central midfielders in Garner and Onana who are capable of playing incisive passes through the lines.

If we could be a bit more brave in holding onto the ball in our half, letting teams press us and drawing them in we could create space for Beto to attack. Imo this would be effective and is something we are capable of, but would require some bravery and positive thinking from Dyche so it's not going to happen.

Imagine if we played 2 up top, a RB at RB, tell the 2 wingers to hug the touchline, get their head down and put the ball into the box.

But no, I dont have any UEFA coaching badges, so I couldnt possibly understand this very simple game of football.
and put subs on when needed not on the hour every week and not like for like