2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Where’s he going mate? Why didn’t they buy him in January?

Many clubs were looking over their shoulders because of financial fair play, still reckon he is off to warmer climate...
So waiting as he transfer value deprecates, someone will have punt to fill their squad.

Value? As in a transfer fee?

This is like asking his Dad, I am very biased.

But, with 12months left on his contract, off the back of a poor goal scoring return, 30million?

30m?

If he was playing for Fulham , Bournemouth etc and had scored 3 goals and played 90% of games in a season … would you want us to spend 30m on him?

Unless steve Walsh has been employed by Newcastle … nobody is paying that

It’s only two games … dom had 21 and Beto scored more than him in his first game .

Let’s give Beto 5-10 games before we know if his presence has us scoring more regularly

We've only got a handful of games to stay in the league.

From what I've seen of Beto - I think Beto has started 7 games now - I think Calvert-Lewin is the better player.

If we're sat midtable, and margins weren't so small I'd have been saying to drop Calvert-Lewin long before now. Likewise If I had a higher opinion of Beto

Maybe I'm missing something with Beto. I hope I am. Early days, and it's a tough gig being an Everton striker. He's waiting on crosses from Mykolenko and Godfrey, or Harrison and McNeil and relying on the composure and creativity of Doucoure behind him.

We've only got a handful of games to stay in the league.

From what I've seen of Beto - I think Beto has started 7 games now - I think Calvert-Lewin is the better player.

If we're sat midtable, and margins weren't so small I'd have been saying to drop Calvert-Lewin long before now. Likewise If I had a higher opinion of Beto

Maybe I'm missing something with Beto. I hope I am. Early days, and it's a tough gig being an Everton striker. He's waiting on crosses from Mykolenko and Godfrey, or Harrison and McNeil and relying on the composure and creativity of Doucoure behind him.

They both have that to deal with. The goal beto scored wasnt easy. If calvert lewin had missed that it would have been...yeah but what about the cross. It wasnt from the byline. Is it really that incomprehensible that a striker will finish from not a perfect delivery. Or is it just a calvert lewin thing now.

They both have that to deal with. The goal beto scored wasnt easy. If calvert lewin had missed that it would have been...yeah but what about the cross. It wasnt from the byline. Is it really that incomprehensible that a striker will finish from not a perfect delivery. Or is it just a calvert lewin thing now.

???

Didn't say otherwise, I'm defending Beto there.

But to answer - It's an Everton thing, mate.

As I've been saying for years.

People took the piss when I said Maupay would outscore new £30m signing Beto this season.

There's a reason why I said that.

???

Didn't say otherwise, I'm defending Beto there.

But to answer - It's an Everton thing, mate.

As I've been saying for years.

People took the piss when I said Maupay would outscore new £30m signing Beto this season.

There's a reason why I said that.

It was a put calvert lewin back in.
I dont care if he's a better player. I just care who puts it in the net. He's done that more than calvert lewin in one game.
Lewins had his chance. 22 of them. Let him come off the bench.

Swear down the minute we sell DCL he will start scoring goals, just like Maupay our fullbacks offer nothing going forward our wingers aren't much better.

Exactly.

Bored of sharing my opinion on that but for a long time now, even dud strikers who score elsewhere, don't score here. I'm thinking Rondon, King, Maupay.

Dyche, and most fans are pointing the fingers at our final third. Rrightly so.

But fingers have to be pointed at the management, too - because Dyche loves McNeil, signed Harrison, Danjuma, Beto and Chermiti. That's around £50m right there. None of them are delivering, nor is Calvert-Lewin. Who - whatever we think of it, the last time he was fit and playing - we finished in the nose bleeds places of 12th and;
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored 34% of Everton’s 47 goals, meaning that no team that finished above 17th place relied more on one single player for a larger percentage of their goals.
No coincidence we've been fighting relegation ever since he's been crocked then is it.

Strikers are good when playing in a system that suits their style of play. Some will go beyond that, but at our level, you have to be set up for them.

Maupay scores goals when given a particular job like at Brighton and Brentford, not when he is expected to lead the line.

DCL scored goals when told he be in the box.

Dyche (and before him Lampard) doesn’t set up in either of the ways that suit DCL or Maupay and they have struggled because of it. (Not saying they haven’t missed chances they should have scored as they both have done).