2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He is limited by the same philosphy, I'd imagine that this much is clear.

As you suggest, his drought will end soon, let us hope that it is against West Ham.

you're scraping the bottom of the barrel there. You've gone back twenty years to pluck out a player who played for 19 clubs with no history of scoring regular for most of them, as some kind of comparison to calvert lewins awful goal drought. This is as bizare as it gets.

you're scraping the bottom of the barrel there. You've gone back twenty years to pluck out a player who played for 19 clubs with no history of scoring regular for most of them, as some kind of comparison to calvert lewins awful goal drought. This is as bizare as it gets.
Ah OK, you don't understand. Fair enough.

All I'll add is try not to worry, everything will be OK and that includes Dom getting back to doing what he's always done for us.

Ah OK, you don't understand. Fair enough.

All I'll add is try not to worry, everything will be OK and that includes Dom getting back to doing what he's always done for us.

Stop it fella. Throwing in the term football philosphy isn't cutting it for you as GOTs simon jordan. It really is an awful comparison. Different football. Different teams. And just a smokescreen for our current centre forward who's been bloody awful.

Entered Rod Belfitt territory and then some.
No he isn't, could play with one leg and still be better than him.
Think Belfitt only had one decent game for us in his entire Everton career.
I was only young when we got him and after about 2 games came to the conclusion he was out of his depth.
Only player on his level was Brett Angel.
Possibly Dia (the drop) Davies

got every word of it. And disagree with it. Dont go all condescending. Its an awful trait. I prefer just plain rude.
Great advise, maybe don't set the tone of further conversation by saying "Stop it fella. Throwing in the term football philosphy isn't cutting it for you as GOTs simon jordan."

If you disagree that playing one up top and leaving that forward player isolated from any link up play and punting long balls is a negative tactic, or as I say, philosophy then at least we can see why your upset. Dom isn't Marcus Bent, and we don't have the midfield that supported him so well. Dyche's tactics stink and we are suffering in the final third as a result.

20 games without a goal is utterly woeful. Has to be amongst the very worst goalscoring droughts we've seen from strikers that start every week for us. Hard to imagine anybody else hasn't fluked at least one in over half a season.

He's getting plenty of chances as well, which makes it all the worse.

Great advise, maybe don't set the tone of further conversation by saying "Stop it fella. Throwing in the term football philosphy isn't cutting it for you as GOTs simon jordan."

If you disagree that playing one up top and leaving that forward player isolated from any link up play and punting long balls is a negative tactic, or as I say, philosophy then at least we can see why your upset. Dom isn't Marcus Bent, and we don't have the midfield that supported him so well. Dyche's tactics stink and we are suffering in the final third as a result.

Look we're miles apart. You've chosen someone who never scored anywhere on a regular basis. There are other players within your time frame who played in a similar system that you've not selected like yakubu or andy johnson. And im probably going to get shot down in flames here but im guessing even marcus bent didnt go 22 games without a goal for Everton.
I dont know why its so inconceivable to accept that calvert lewin just isnt cutting it right now.

Look we're miles apart. You've chosen someone who never scored anywhere on a regular basis. There are other players within your time frame who played in a similar system that you've not selected like yakubu or andy johnson. And im probably going to get shot down in flames here but im guessing even marcus bent didnt go 22 games without a goal for Everton.
I dont know why its so inconceivable to accept that calvert lewin just isnt cutting it right now.

To be honest I find the comparisons to Marcus Bent much more sensible and understandable than the ones to Kane from @catcherintherye all those years back.

To be honest I find the comparisons to Marcus Bent much more sensible and understandable than the ones to Kane from @catcherintherye all those years back.

Yeah i was going to suggest he hasnt done himself any favours in bringing up marcus bent because their goal scoring stats are not exactly a million miles apart. obviously calvert lewin at 27 has a few more years to add to his 64 career goals to bents 97. Though at this rate of 3 so far this season for another 5 years maybe not 😎