2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The drought should have been broken with the disallowed goal in the Spurs away game and the one given to Harrison the other week.

The guy is having his worst season, sure, but the drought stat is a bit unfair.

We can't just give him goals because it's unfair. He misses chances every single week, it doesn't need to be that deep .

The drought should have been broken with the disallowed goal in the Spurs away game and the one given to Harrison the other week.

The guy is having his worst season, sure, but the drought stat is a bit unfair.
Let's say it hadn't been disallowed...1 goal in 4 months is still a drought. It's like you're saying a light rain once every 4 months keeps the grass green. It does not.

Let's not kid ourselves, he needs dropping. We can't keep saying/thinking 'he'll come good'. We aren't in a comfort zone for sentimentality. Beto, Dobbin, Chermetti, deserve a run.
Our whole front 3 needs a refresh. Dobbin should play more out wide because he can actually run and our other slugs cannot. Beto and Chermiti are probably dog turd but might be able to spark something. I’ll keep saying it…Zero goals is zero goals no matter who is in that 9 spot. So we might as well try something new.

Let's not kid ourselves, he needs dropping. We can't keep saying/thinking 'he'll come good'. We aren't in a comfort zone for sentimentality. Beto, Dobbin, Chermetti, deserve a run.
There’s zero evidence that suggests they deserve a run. In Betos case, just the opposite

There’s zero evidence that suggests they deserve a run. In Betos case, just the opposite
What evidence suggests Dom should keep getting his run? Play bloody Keane up front. He can win flick ons and miss chances at least as well as Dom I’m sure. Strikes a better ball too.

I’m kidding but the general point stands.

What evidence suggests Dom should keep getting his run? Play bloody Keane up front. He can win flick ons and miss chances at least as well as Dom I’m sure. Strikes a better ball too.

I’m kidding but the general point stands.
I didn’t say DCL deserves anything.

But saying those guys do isn’t correct, they’re in training, they get minutes on the pitch.

In Betos case in particular, it seems you get the same goal scoring without all the big chance misses or headers won. Doesn’t sound like a recipe for success