2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Feel sorry for him that the service he receives is absolutely abysmal, but at the same time he's getting chances every game to score and he's passing them all up time after time.

He should have scored that header last night, and there have been a handful at least of exactly the same patterns of play where he's missed that exact effort vs other teams.

Then there is that awful one-on-one against Villa that also had to go in.

Our wingers are crap yes, but they do dig out 2-3 clear chances for him in most games, or at least in 2 games of our 3.

The squad speaks for itself though. I don't think any other team in the football league would keep the same starting striker after he's failed to score for half a season.

We need at least half of those points back if we want a chance at staying up.

He will be gone soon anyway - lets see how he scores in another team - maybe his injuries have caught up with him , but the standard of football oin that 1st half was deplorable - then our Manager never changed it at half-time ?????
Has dyche ever made a half time sub that wasn't injury related? He doesn't even like to make tactical subs before 70th minute unfortunately

How many passes to feet did he receive yesterday?

Last night, our only tactic was to cross the ball or hit it long.
This is true.
But equally he had two balls put on his head by McNeil that should have been bread and butter to him.
Remember Carlo telling him not to bother with the back to goal stuff, coming out for the ball, just focus on being in the box with your face to goal.
His job is to score and those were big chances. Should have finished the game with two goals and noone would have cared a bit about how good/bad the ball into feet was for him..

Half a season worth of games without a goal is some going.

I don't think any player has got a free pass as much as him in recent memory on the count of being a nice lad
Nobody wants him to do well more than me i like the guy but he's just not very good.

I understand he has his lovers, what i dont understand is how much excuses get made from him every single week.

'Kinel Beto and Chermiti are written off already and they haven't had a run of games and yet this lad hasn't scored for half a season but thats ok for some.

He's never been prolific but has been one of the first names on the sheet for just about every manager he's played under since breaking through. I wonder if that's because he brings more to the team than just goals? We had two seasons with him struggling with injury and out for extended periods and were pulled into successive relegation battles. Was that a coincidence?

There are many valid points about his contribution beyond goals and his overall influence on the team's performance. But it'll be a relief when starts bagging a few.

Carlo had it right.

Stop lumping it 60 yards to him. Stop having him come deep or run the channels.

Keep him on the front foot, central, and in or near their box. He's useless everywhere else and we need him there because there's noone else.

We did lump it 60 yards to him under Carlo though. Where’s this idea come from that we played free flowing football under Carlo?