2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He is our best forward and that's why Dyche is sticking with him through a goalless run of 19 matches.

There comes a point where we try something else if he has a couple more poor games where we don't get results.
But dropping him makes us (much) worse. It’s simply not going to happen either. Dyche is hardly a creative thinker.
I kinda wish he’d kept that 3 game ban as at least would have given him some rest and have everyone pining for his return after watching our back up options

Think it’s a thankless task being the lone striker in this team tbh. Relies on McNeill and Harrison providing him scraps and I think he only works ok in the team when Doucoure is playing behind him and providing some sort of goal threat.
Agree dont think he has been great we need one of the other cm to take a chance and get in the box aswell.

But dropping him makes us (much) worse. It’s simply not going to happen either. Dyche is hardly a creative thinker.
I kinda wish he’d kept that 3 game ban as at least would have given him some rest and have everyone pining for his return after watching our back up options
Doucoure coming back could help the team a lot. If he can stay fit

Dyche has set up a team who look quite competitive when Doucoure plays that advanced role, although it has made us extremely one dimensional.

I thought Dominic Calvert-Lewin worked hard at first today but looked like he ran out of enthusiasm rather than steam as the game went on. To be fair to him, we didn't exactly make a hatful of chances for the lad; one that stands out, he tried to lob their keeper when maybe he should have played the ball to Jack Harrison(?).

Not that though
We have won 29 points and would be level for 12th without the points deduction. I think we can all agree that's a decent achievement with this squad as it is.

Instead of blowing up the way we're playing to maybe get a performance out of one player perhaps we could just expect Dom to put one of his chances away over half a season of footy. Yes, he doesn't get buckets of chances every week but over 19 matches you can't excuse putting NONE of them away.

If we have to change the entire way we play for one player because he can't do his job otherwise then we might as well try someone else.

We have won 29 points and would be level for 12th without the points deduction. I think we can all agree that's a decent achievement with this squad as it is.

Instead of blowing up the way we're playing to maybe get a performance out of one player perhaps we could just expect Dom to put one of his chances away over half a season of footy. Yes, he doesn't get buckets of chances every week but over 19 matches you can't excuse putting NONE of them away.

If we have to change the entire way we play for one player because he can't do his job otherwise then we might as well try someone else.

But we won't change the way we play will we? So your post, as always, completely irrelevant.