2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I wouldn’t judge him only on his goals but he does need to score some to be doing his job properly. I thought he was ok tonight better than in some recent games but this run without a goal is getting out of hand he needs to step up.
True enough. I don't think he's not scoring on purpose like.

I think he needs to finish every game for me unless we are 3-4 up

Taking him off every single games is clearly having an impact and adding to the pressure of poor spell.

I felt he should have been dropped a while back but he is our best striker despite the goal tally.
I thought Dyche was protecting him. It looks quite obvious to me that if he hasn't scored after 80 mins in all matches that he isn't going to or very unlikely to. To leave him on for 90 mins each game when not scoring would look like shocking management. DCL is being given his chance but not taking it. How long can we accept an off form striker

I think people overate DCL, simply because he's better than having Maupay up front, other than a spell under Ancelotti, DCL in my opinion has been worse than Yakubu, Beckford, Anichebe and looks like another Jelavic or Beattie where he just doesn't get his mojo back. He doesn't get great service, but when he does he often misses chances. I dont know why we don't start Chermiti or Keane against Spurs. I don't know why Ellis Simms who wasn't really given a chance, other than missing a chance against United last season, he didnt do much wrong. He's not a natural finisher like Lukaku, and he doesn't have the character or desire that Richy has to score. I don't want him starting against Spurs, I think just putting him in the side, cos he's not injured is pointless. You saw it against Arsenal earlier in the season, takes Beto off, puts DCL on, when our problem was being overun in midfield.

It's ok the board will definitely have seen the abysmal attacking options we have and will certainly get an additional player in before the deadline, knowing that failure to do so will almost certainly result in relegation.

Oh yes, when he went through one on one with Emi Martinez he suddenly remembered that Jack Harrison can’t cross and that’s why he scuffed it straight at him.

Also remembed that McNeil creates nothing as he was blazing over against Newcastle under no pressure from 4 yards out

I think people overate DCL, simply because he's better than having Maupay up front, other than a spell under Ancelotti, DCL in my opinion has been worse than Yakubu, Beckford, Anichebe and looks like another Jelavic or Beattie where he just doesn't get his mojo back. He doesn't get great service, but when he does he often misses chances. I dont know why we don't start Chermiti or Keane against Spurs. I don't know why Ellis Simms who wasn't really given a chance, other than missing a chance against United last season, he didnt do much wrong. He's not a natural finisher like Lukaku, and he doesn't have the character or desire that Richy has to score. I don't want him starting against Spurs, I think just putting him in the side, cos he's not injured is pointless. You saw it against Arsenal earlier in the season, takes Beto off, puts DCL on, when our problem was being overun in midfield.
Calvert-Lewin's badly out of form, but he's a much better player than Chermiti, Simms or Anichebe (I assume Keane is a joke). And Beckford for that matter, although he would kill to be able to finish like he could.