2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Just feels for me like hes more of a team player, than a scorer. We play different with him and some people seem happy when he does play to when hes not playing (if injured) as we get told we miss him etc

I'd give him a vote of confidence by starting him at Spurs. No goal, though, and it's Beto in for City. At some point we've got to reward the man who performs. Competition for places is a wonderful thing.

I'd give him a vote of confidence by starting him at Spurs. No goal, though, and it's Beto in for City. At some point we've got to reward the man who performs. Competition for places is a wonderful thing.
At least do a half each, what g
YES!!! Exactly this!! He could have got to that 50/50 ball between him and the keeper. He just quit on the play
He flapped that one yeah, but to be fair he did take solid studs to the chest not too long ago in a similar situation

At some point, we also have to use the squad whether we like it or not. Beto has shown enough to warrant starting 1 of the next 2 games. Danjuma needs some game time, especially given how knackered
McNeil and Harrison looked tonight/will become knackered.

Not like Betos goal was a worldwide lads. Dom would’ve scored it. Tbf I get the calls to drop him for Norbert but the objective fact is that DCL is technically better all round thus he should start instead. Not slagging off Beto as he has recently improved and I’m beginning to take back my prior harsh comments but just my take. Also, dom got no service today and gets 1 decent chance a game at best so it would be harsh to drop him
That was the first luck of the bounce for us all night - we created very little tonight - the missed pen summed the performance & Fulhams luck ......

You have to accept this is the level of quality Everton is currently at. It ain't pretty, but it's the truth, we're poo. We're improving though, and DCL is part of that.
Yeah but looking at us lad, other than ball hold up dcl hasn't added much to our squad at all don't get me wrong Beto is rusty as [Poor language removed] and I wouldn't want to rely on him for a full 90 against spurs with his experience at the moment but giving him 10-30 mins on the occasional game isn't going to do the lad wonders, he needs to start he can always be subbed off of needed but he defo needs action to get his teeth into pl, he's a big lad, when we don't have the pace to loose a defender we atleast need abit of of strength so the balls staying with us or in their net