2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Selling Beto doesn't help us very much from a P&S perspective. And we'd take a large cash loss at this point. It's not happening.

If we got £60-70mil for DCL and Beto combined whether Beto in Jan or both end of the season I think the risk level would be low -- as you say i would be wary of selling DCL in Jan.

However, neither are goalscorers at the elite level and with Chermiti as 2nd choice we could have our pick of a wide range of players.
🤣

The fella still thinks we can get £10m for Andre Gomes because he was tenuously linked with a move by Footy Insider in January 2021.

Why lie?

Thelwell could do a lot worse than dipping his rod in to the lower leagues. Some very good defenders in the Div 1 & 2 and there are players like Wharton to be had.

Which defenders?

….agree, although I’m not totally convinced on Wharton. The boy is talented but he saunters through games and I’d be concerned about his energy levels.

You and @Simon Buttle share the same opinion of wharton. Looks pretty energetic from snippets ive seen

Why lie?

Which defenders?

You and @Simon Buttle share the same opinion of wharton. Looks pretty energetic from snippets ive seen

….lovely passer of a ball but not ‘busy’, physical or athletic enough which gives me concerns.

Blend is so important with players like him, you’d need players around him to do the hard work. I like the lad but don’t think he’s an upgrade on Garner.

….lovely passer of a ball but not ‘busy’, physical or athletic enough which gives me concerns.

Blend is so important with players like him, you’d need players around him to do the hard work. I like the lad but don’t think he’s an upgrade on Garner.

Hes 20 in Feb so will be 2 years behind Garners development of course.

I would be seeing players like him as rotation options. The boy Hackney seems good but the next age group above wharton.