2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Hes 20 in Feb so will be 2 years behind Garners development of course.

I would be seeing players like him as rotation options. The boy Hackney seems good but the next age group above wharton.

….all these grandiose terms like ‘rotation options’. We need players who can play, you build from the top down. Anyway, this is the DCL thread.

Last edited:
Seems like he's training so can't be a bad injury.

Hoping they're just keeping him fresh and not risking him unless he's 99% fit. It's remarkable that we won a game with Beto up front by himself, but the fella was absolutely useless when he had the ball and otherwise anonymous and without any impact at all, so we really need to get DCL back in.

Would be great to see him get 2x 60 minutes in the fans games this week.

….good news that he’s a likely starter but I’m always wary of a footballer feeling muscle tightness, particularly with his history. The other point is that players in his situation often protect the muscle, even subconsciously. They play in 3rd gear.

Given this weeks results (all losses for teams around us - except Bournemouth)…I would imagine he has a little more latitude to rest DCL until Sunday if needed, so if he plays, I’d be fairly confident they are certain he is fully fit to play

He just made a sliding tackle helping win the ball back, right in front of Dyche then seconds later had a header saved! Thought it deserved recognition as you don't get that from every PL striker.
Would be even better if he could net from 4 yds out..

*** please come back to bite me 2nd half