2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Why not read the context? Actually read the initial posts?

A poster wanted to keep DCL next season even if he moved on for free

So he wants / is happy to write off the £25mil rumoured fee for the sake of having DCL for ONE season.

I said that even if we sold DCL and saved his wages....we could (in theory of course) use the entire £25mil + wages saved and sign a far better player for ONE season only...

...if they were worried about one season.

Ergo you have to take the money.

I'm not seriously suggesting we did that. Im solely saying letting DCL run his deal down is a terrible idea in every way....if we can sell or extend.

Well no, because you wrote this:

Im pretty sure we could offer a club the total £25mil + wage amount to most clubs as a fee. Then bring in a far superior player than DCL for 1 season.

So you're offering a team £25m for a player for 1 season, A.K.A. a loan.

So which players are you loaning in for £25m?

Why not read the context? Actually read the initial posts?

A poster wanted to keep DCL next season even if he moved on for free

So he wants / is happy to write off the £25mil rumoured fee for the sake of having DCL for ONE season.

I said that even if we sold DCL and saved his wages....we could (in theory of course) use the entire £25mil + wages saved and sign a far better player for ONE season only...

...if they were worried about one season.

Ergo you have to take the money.

I'm not seriously suggesting we did that. Im solely saying letting DCL run his deal down is a terrible idea in every way....if we can sell or extend.
I think if DCL had a perfect injury record such is his importance to the system (and the drop off to the alternatives) you could maybe argue to take the 25m hit and let his contract wind down if that’s his decision. The comparable being the cost of relegation if we struggle without him.

But given the injury history, you could take that 25m hit and still only get say 10-15 games next season if he breaks down again, and that would be a disaster. That for me is what would swing it towards selling.