2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The thing is that we didn't even have Hamez for all the games either, Tel - DCL was scoring even without him playing, as we were set up to play for a forward to score.

"He only scored tap-ins and from 6 yards out", wow, can't wait to see us replicate putting the ball in for a striker to do his job and score the tap-in or anything similar to that, but instead we boot it upfield and he wins headers 50 meters away from goal and out wide, brilliant striker stuff here really.

Yeah but you would expect any striker at pl level to be able to convert most of his chances if they are 6 yards out no?

James played regularly at the start of the season and we were at the top of the league..

He then started missing games and we dropped down .

Nothing you can say will convince me James didn’t have a huge effect on our attacking football when he played.

He is one of of our not most technically gifted and creative players we have ever had in the prem

Yeah but you would expect any striker at pl level to be able to convert most of his chances if they are 6 yards out no?

James played regularly at the start of the season and we were at the top of the league..

He then started missing games and we dropped down .

Nothing you can say will convince me James didn’t have a huge effect on our attacking football when he played.

He is one of of our not most technically gifted and creative players we have ever had in the prem
Didnt see Hamez on the pitch today, when our number 9 was putting in a MOTM performance, but hey, it was sunny, maybe I should have worn shades.

Didnt see Hamez on the pitch today, when our number 9 was putting in a MOTM performance, but hey, it was sunny, maybe I should have worn shades.

What are you talking about?

DCL did play well today you’re right. But MOTM performance from a striker , who didn’t get on the score sheet , at home against possibly the worst prem team in history in a game with no pressure…

It does make me laugh when I read comments like this … it’s written with a “ SNIFF IT” kind of tone … he just went 23 games without a goal ffs… that’s truly shocking.

The list of players that need improving in our squad is long and although he is not at the top of that list…. He is deffo on it

DCL did play well today you’re right. But MOTM performance from a striker , who didn’t get on the score sheet , at home against possibly the worst prem team in history in a game with no pressure…

It does make me laugh when I read comments like this … it’s written with a “ SNIFF IT” kind of tone … he just went 23 games without a goal ffs… that’s truly shocking.

The list of players that need improving in our squad is long and although he is not at the top of that list…. He is deffo on it
I accept your apology on his behalf, he forgives you.

🤣
You're wasting your time. You cant say he played well against sheff united. You've got to say he was the best in the world.
He's had another terrible season.
If at the start of the season your main striker has scored 5 goals from open play they've had a poor season. Oh its sean dyche...this is the 3rd season he hasnt got near double figures.
The clubs handcuffed to seeking options elsewhere. The hope is calvert lewin turns up for the majority of the season and not 3 or 4 games at the end of it.
Its not a popularity contest. Its about anyone who can be a bit more consistent.

…I think more creativity from wide areas is key.

I think for McNeil with his one-footedness hes now been coming inside alot. Probably a better option than Doucoure in that 10 positon for creating chances and holding onto/keeping the ball.

We would then need two wide players with speed and crossing ability if DCL is up top.

Dobbin is quick on the left, but can he cross...

Hopefully we can get a deal sorted this summer.

Our PPG with him in the side (even when not scoring) has been much higher this season than without him… he makes a big difference to us.

With DCL or With Beto. Thats the metric youre looking at?

Wonder what it would be if it was with DCL or with a centre forward signed from the sales of DCL, Beto and Maupay.

🤣
You're wasting your time. You cant say he played well against sheff united. You've got to say he was the best in the world.
He's had another terrible season.
If at the start of the season your main striker has scored 5 goals from open play they've had a poor season. Oh its sean dyche...this is the 3rd season he hasnt got near double figures.
The clubs handcuffed to seeking options elsewhere. The hope is calvert lewin turns up for the majority of the season and not 3 or 4 games at the end of it.
Its not a popularity contest. Its about anyone who can be a bit more consistent.

If he gets another bad injury then his value will be dreadful and meanwhile we'll be paying him a big wage over a new possible 4 or 5 year contract.

You mention a "popularity contest" and DCL would win awards for popularity im sure.

But based on recent performances perhaps a £30mil bid comes in...with all the risks involved id be comfortable accepting it.

DCL is a good player.

Sniff it lad.

Based on what exactly?
On the basis of him being a professional footballer and wanting to do the best for his young family like the large majority of his profession.
It's a job he's doing not a hobby.
What makes you think' he doesn't seem the type to run his contract down' Exactly what have you based that on?
BTW Nymz I hope you're 100 % correct I want us to keep him I just think he'll want the best financial deal for himself, not as if we haven't seen it often enough here before.