2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

But you've stated its a miracle. When wood did it at burnley.
Id take a runner over calvert lewin tbh. A andy johnson type.
I dont know why people get so worked up over this like they're his relations or something. We've had very little from dom in the last 3 to 4 years. Its like its blasphemy to suggest we start looking around for a more consistent forward.
Because the problem isn't with him - he's missed a few chances as all strikers do (fewer than Watkins also by the way, but he's also had half of his shots and chances anyway). Watkins himself will struggle here, as will any striker.

I don't know why people say he's lazy or not running or whatever when he's chasing and pressing defenders all game and has even gotten a goal from it recently. Guess we need him to pick it up and dribble the whole pitch like in FIFA or something.

Because the problem isn't with him - he's missed a few chances as all strikers do (fewer than Watkins also by the way, but he's also had half of his shots and chances anyway). Watkins himself will struggle here, as will any striker.

I don't know why people say he's lazy or not running or whatever when he's chasing and pressing defenders all game and has even gotten a goal from it recently. Guess we need him to pick it up and dribble the whole pitch like in FIFA or something.

I think 12 or 13 goals in the past 3/4 years is the problem.
I hope we are looking around(not you kevin)

I don't think I could stomach another season with him as the main striker. People bringing Dyche's tactics into this I think are forgetting how many games the lad went without scoring, just how many guilt-edged chances he missed during that time... and just how poor he is at pressing.

Sell for me, but wish him well.

We spent €37 mill in the summer trying to find better than him.

Get your head out your ass.
No we didn’t. We spend 25 on a striker who we hoped would be able to do the same job as Dom because he was getting injured all the time. And we spent 15 on a lad who is raw and we are obviously hoping to sell for a big profit one day in the future.

Dom, when he’s fit and on it is a good striker for Everton. Yes he has had some howlers but let’s have it right we hardly create anything for him either. He has done well the last few games. He’s coming back into his form and he’s winning headers, running the channels, winning fouls etc. he’s now 27, what do you think we can get for him if we sell? 20m? It’s pointless. Unless we got a silly bid then he’s going nowhere.

I thought DCL was excellent against the RS .

I think generally speaking that he works hard in each game.

However to suggest that he hasn't had a poor season would be wrong.

He is not and I fear never will be a natural goal scorer.

Might not be a popular opinion after the euphoria of the Derby win but I'd look to sell DCL in the summer whilst his stock is reasonably high , particularly given our financial situation.

@Zatara what sort of fee would you expect?

If hes fit and were throwing crosses into him he'll score alot of goals. Then hes worth a fortune and would be in the England squad.

Use him up top alone and with injuries taking him out of games and we'd be lucky to reach £30mil.

But you've stated its a miracle. When wood did it at burnley.
Id take a runner over calvert lewin tbh. A andy johnson type.
I dont know why people get so worked up over this like they're his relations or something. We've had very little from dom in the last 3 to 4 years. Its like its blasphemy to suggest we start looking around for a more consistent forward.

Its very limited to play with a 'big number 9 up top', id like to see us sign fast tricky players who score goals like Jonathan David.

Never understood why the club seems to focus on target men.

We spent €37 mill in the summer trying to find better than him.

Get your head out your ass.

Well thats quite simply not true.

No we didn’t. We spend 25 on a striker who we hoped would be able to do the same job as Dom because he was getting injured all the time. And we spent 15 on a lad who is raw and we are obviously hoping to sell for a big profit one day in the future.

Dom, when he’s fit and on it is a good striker for Everton. Yes he has had some howlers but let’s have it right we hardly create anything for him either. He has done well the last few games. He’s coming back into his form and he’s winning headers, running the channels, winning fouls etc. he’s now 27, what do you think we can get for him if we sell? 20m? It’s pointless. Unless we got a silly bid then he’s going nowhere.

We purchased Beto & Chermiti rather than other players because their clubs accepted no cash down.

Its different to spending €37mil on a centre forward to replace DCL.

I really like DCL but at the same time I also love Everton football club.

If it was me Id be seeing how much we could get for Beto, Maupay and DCL...then use the lot on a new starting centre forward.

Its very limited to play with a 'big number 9 up top', id like to see us sign fast tricky players who score goals like Jonathan David.

We purchased Beto & Chermiti rather than other players because their clubs accepted no cash down.

If it was me Id be seeing how much we could get for Beto, Maupay and DCL...then use the lot on a new starting centre forward.
Beto, we haven’t been paid for yet but you want to sell him. He was 25m by the way.

Maupay was 15, been awful, but sometimes it just doesn’t work at a club. Brentford may have him as he seems comfy there but I think about 5/8m.

Nobody is spending the type of money that DCL was quoted of being worth during the Carlo era. He was doing well and Arsenal were linked with a 60m bid. Since then, he’s been injured constantly and has scored about 10 goals in three years. He’s 27 and on paper probably worth no more than 20m.

Which striker are you looking to sign?

I hope Daniel turns up again today and shows Gareth that he's a better choice than Russian Tony
I hope Gareth leaves him alone so that he can have a relaxing summer, rather than being a back-up for players no better than him. Let him heal his bones in some swanky resort while England huff and puff.

Wether it be through injury or loss of form we've got very little out of calvert lewin in nearly 4 years.
The dom fan boys can have their hissy fits. Its time to look around for a possible replacement.

Beto, we haven’t been paid for yet but you want to sell him. He was 25m by the way.

Maupay was 15, been awful, but sometimes it just doesn’t work at a club. Brentford may have him as he seems comfy there but I think about 5/8m.

Nobody is spending the type of money that DCL was quoted of being worth during the Carlo era. He was doing well and Arsenal were linked with a 60m bid. Since then, he’s been injured constantly and has scored about 10 goals in three years. He’s 27 and on paper probably worth no more than 20m.

Which striker are you looking to sign?
Instead of adding the money you'd get from selling dcl beto and maupay together - multplie it - works out way more money to buy a replacement.

This is no less non senseical as selling you all your strikers generating 50m and lumping it all on one guy. (If we sold beto I'm sure we'd have to pay off our debt to udinese) - so left with 25m to buy a player like ............ DCL.

We all know he isn't the greatest finisher but christ the amount of effort he puts in cause of the long balls constantly falling on his head is phenomenal and never moans - I can't imagine someone like Nicholas Jackson doing it.