2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Decent player fitted the team and role, but Calvert - Lewin is a far superior player.

He isn't far superior. Its all about what fits. But you highlighted bent in a way as being detrimental. I think we all turned our nose up at him at the time but he allowed the team to play in moyes 5 man midfield perfectly. Far better midfield mind.
I dont think calvert lewin is far superior to many tbh. He's vastly over rated by many. But over criticised by many to. He's somewhere in the middle.

Yeah it seems petty, but I was honestly curious.

We have had loads of Strikers who we used to love SuperKev, AJ, Bent, Cahill, Felli, Yak, Big Rom, but im not sure if any of them had the level of abuse that Dom gets.

I understand atm, hes on a pretty huge drought and he has had chances to score, but as I say, the level of abuse he gets on here and at Goodison, it really grinds me down.

So yeah, I really should let it go.
In all honesty the level of abuse he gets compared to what Keane gets is miniscule. There's just something odd about it all and the esteem he's held in. Seems to be on an even higher level than Lukaku, Campbell, Yak. Amo and Cahill, all of whom earned it big time.

He isn't far superior. Its all about what fits. But you highlighted bent in a way as being detrimental. I think we all turned our nose up at him at the time but he allowed the team to play in moyes 5 man midfield perfectly. Far better midfield mind.
I dont think calvert lewin is far superior to many tbh. He's vastly over rated by many. But over criticised by many to. He's somewhere in the middle.
Fair comments.

Yeah it seems petty, but I was honestly curious.

We have had loads of Strikers who we used to love SuperKev, AJ, Bent, Cahill, Felli, Yak, Big Rom, but im not sure if any of them had the level of abuse that Dom gets.

I understand atm, hes on a pretty huge drought and he has had chances to score, but as I say, the level of abuse he gets on here and at Goodison, it really grinds me down.

So yeah, I really should let it go.

Who’s abusing him on here? No idea what goes on at the ground and not really interested, but calling him not good enough and saying he can’t finish to save his life isn’t abuse imo.

Who’s abusing him on here?

saying he can’t finish to save his life isn’t abuse imo.
tumblr_mhqc9iSDIg1qed7g8o2_400.gif

I didn't highlight Bent in a way that was detrimental at all. The other poster suggested a player of his ability was not available to Everton now. Which is gibberish. Bent was hard working and suited his team and made an invaluable contribution but then made way for a better player. I questioned the comparison.

I didn't highlight Bent in a way that was detrimental at all. The other poster suggested a player of his ability was not available to Everton now. Which is gibberish. Bent was hard working and suited his team and made an invaluable contribution but then made way for a better player. I questioned the comparison.

Fair do's. I posted after reading you stopped reading at bent. Miread meaning.

He's never really been prolific, apart from those few months behind closed doors under Ancelotti. He did used to lead the line well though and really give opposition centre backs something to think about. He was a good back to the goal striker who would get around 8-10 goals per season. He just doesn't seem to have that ability to lead the line at the moment, maybe it's confidence, maybe he just isn't up to it physically any more, whatever the reason, his poor finishing is more difficult to accept now that his other attributes, back to the goal hold up play, running the channels and winning headers to flick on for runners is just no longer good enough.

Who can tell if this is just a crisis of confidence or if his body is just no longer up to it. Only time will tell. Either way we have a real problem at centre forward, let's hope it's just a short term one.