2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Should be doing better with the few chances he gets, but he must be so demoralised every time he sees a team sheet knowing that McNeil won't produce a single thing all game and Harrison is unlikely to be putting too many of a plate for him.

Some people are dead weird on here. Bottom line is we’re a much better team with Dom than without him.
I think a lot of people went hard on the hate for him in 2017 when he broke into the team. They don't like having been proved massively wrong and made to look like tits, so as soon as a he has a remotely bad game they're delighted and jump on his back as much as possible in the hope they'll finally be proved right.

That's because we play very direct under Dyche and he's as good a target man as any in the PL.

We cant burden him too much though and he needs some physical presence up and around him. When we had Richarlison he took a lot of the buffeting of the opposition away from DCL and we need to see someone like Beto step up in that respect and also to get a few goals.

IMO - as I;ve said a few times today and yesterday - we have to gamble at home and go with two attackers and Doucoure pushed back into CM but tasked with getting up with the front two as much as possible.

These chances need to be taken. We're in a bad place and we cant rely on Luton going back to their previous form.

Away from home play DCL up front with Doucoure just off him. But at home we have to be a lot more adventurous.

I think it actually just highlights that Doucoure is a weak spot in the side at times rather than DCL. I don't think we need to have Beto and DCL playing together, rather we need a CAM or CF who has more tools to their game than Doucoure and can either unlock our wide players/DCL better or they're just a better player like Richy was.

Doucoure is both one of our most and least effective players and it's him we need to rotate in and out of the side. Hopefully in the next few windows (if possible) we address that.

I think it actually just highlights that Doucoure is a weak spot in the side at times rather than DCL. I don't think we need to have Beto and DCL playing together, rather we need a CAM or CF who has more tools to their game than Doucoure and can either unlock our wide players/DCL better or they're just a better player like Richy was.

Doucoure is both one of our most and least effective players and it's him we need to rotate in and out of the side. Hopefully in the next few windows (if possible) we address that.
Doucoure's goals have kept us up. Five last session and 4 so far this season (1 more than DCL).

Doucoure as a starter is essential for us. So is McNeil. He has no goals this season but can find the net - 7 last season.

Really, its all about games against 6 teams at home to come who we can afford to go all out with two strikers up front to get the goals and points we need.

Palace, WHM, Burnley, Forest, Brentford, Sheff Utd.

Should be doing better with the few chances he gets, but he must be so demoralised every time he sees a team sheet knowing that McNeil won't produce a single thing all game and Harrison is unlikely to be putting too many of a plate for him.

Sure McNeil put one on a plate for him, think in the first half, a header, could be wrong. He is our best striker, but I thought he should have scored at least ons goal, not his best game by a long shot.

Doucoure's goals have kept us up. Five last session and 4 so far this season (1 more than DCL).

Doucoure as a starter is essential for us. So is McNeil. He has no goals this season but can find the net - 7 last season.

Really, its all about games against 6 teams at home to come who we can afford to go all out with two strikers up front to get the goals and points we need.

Palace, WHM, Burnley, Forest, Brentford, Sheff Utd.

Yeah, which is why I said he is both our most and least effective player. Doucoure definitely has a place and in some games he is absolutely crucial to our game but on other occasions we need a CAM who is capable of playing football better.

I don't see DCL as an issue or see us needing to play with two strikers. It's more about having a midfielder capable of creating.

I think a lot of people went hard on the hate for him in 2017 when he broke into the team. They don't like having been proved massively wrong and made to look like tits, so as soon as a he has a remotely bad game they're delighted and jump on his back as much as possible in the hope they'll finally be proved right.

Excellent post

There are some who are DESPERATE for him to fail and will leap on ANYTHING if it fits the narrative they want to peddle

DCL has received some of the most undeserved stick I've ever seen an Everton player get on this forum

Him getting booed off after being injured at Villa highlights that this isn't just an online issue anymore either. It's seeping into the match going fan base too

Yeah, which is why I said he is both our most and least effective player. Doucoure definitely has a place and in some games he is absolutely crucial to our game but on other occasions we need a CAM who is capable of playing football better.

I don't see DCL as an issue or see us needing to play with two strikers. It's more about having a midfielder capable of creating.
We need a number 10. But we haven't got one and won't be getting one.