2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not as good in the air and holding the ball up i think. Dominic Calvert-Lewin clearly wants to go. How long till the squad is announced?

When will Southgate decide his preliminary squad?​

Southgate is required to submit his preliminary squad to FIFA by Friday, October 21.

Southgate is not expected to publicly announce the squad, however, and some squads may be unknown until the week before the tournament officially begins.

When is the final deadline?​

All 32 teams will have to reduce their squads between 23 and 26 players ahead of the World Cup.

Southgate will have to submit their official squad to FIFA by November 13, just a week before the tournament officially beings.

FIFA will then announce each nation's official squad the following day.

It’s usually a couple of weeks before, but I think he’ll have known his squad weeks ago and isn’t changing it at this point barring injuries.
Don’t pay the World Cup much attention these days tbh. Couldn’t even name the england team apart from Kane and Pickford.

After missing most of last season and so far most of this, I would hope the number one priority for the player is getting his club career back on track.

Not sure how sitting on the bench for a handful of W.C games does that.

I’m made up to see him back. Hope he stays fit and smashes it for the rest of the season. We have missed him.
But I’m afraid any thoughts of England should be put to one side.
Everton is the main priority and he should concentrate on that.

After missing most of last season and so far most of this, I would hope the number one priority for the player is getting his club career back on track.

Not sure how sitting on the bench for a handful of W.C games does that.

It's a really short career and this might be his only shot at a World Cup. Given the year he's had where he's missed so much football, he's never turning down the opportunity to go to a World Cup, and as an ambitious athlete, nor should he.

For what it's worth, I think he'd probably have to rack up at least a goal a game between now and then to get the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.