2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how you remedy “just needs games” without giving him games.

Dyche saying he's not sure if DCL will even make the bench confuses me.

How can he do two straight 45 minutes and then not even make the bench??

Would be really surprised if he started but expected him to be on the bench.
On the face of it, it sounds quite simple (needs games, so give him games), but we all know that Dom's real issue how been ability to sustain his fitness.

While I may be entirely wrong, there are two likely scenarios: one, they have given him these half-games and are now examining how this has impacted.

If we want him back long-term, it could be a conservative approach of allowing him to play, assessing and then providing other games behind the scenes.

Once they're happy his health is sustainable, they will knock it up to sixty-odd minutes etc., until they are confident he's back. Patience is a virtue and whatnot.

Putting him on the bench means that, if necessary, they'd have to bring him on, which could either be an injury or simply Maupay looks his usual dog doo.

It could also exert pressure on him personally as if he's there, and in focus, this may not be good for other forms of his health. That would not be displaying patience.

The issue is that, without other valid options up front, we're relying on the aforementioned player and meaning that Thelwell and co. need to do business soon.

The other option is he's just not ready (light injury, complications, out for longer etc.) and they're keeping it quiet.

I just took it to mean he needs games until he's at a point where he's just fit and he's not working through an individualised fitness/training programme.

At which point, it isn't a topic of conversation that he's fit. He just is fit and he's in the team.

I just took it to mean he needs games until he's at a point where he's just fit and he's not working through an individualised fitness/training programme.

At which point, it isn't a topic of conversation that he's fit. He just is fit and he's in the team.

It will always be a topic of conversation sadly. I'll be amazed if he manages 6 games consecutive.

This guy is injury prone, only a mental club will try to buy him......in steps Levy after realising Richarlison will be their number 9😅😅

Status
Not open for further replies.