2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never saw this myself. He was an absolute comedy show of a footballer but he chased every lost cause going.

Man Utd away, was brought on a sub for 15 minutes and ensured he was always behind a Utd player in order to not receive the ball. I mentioned it during the match that he was purposely ensuring he wasn't available for the ball.

The fella was an absolute carthorse and Martinez should have been sacked within 5 minutes of Niasse being signed. 13m for a 2 legged donkey.

Man Utd away, was brought on a sub for 15 minutes and ensured he was always behind a Utd player in order to not receive the ball. I mentioned it during the match that he was purposely ensuring he wasn't available for the ball.

The fella was an absolute carthorse and Martinez should have been sacked within 5 minutes of Niasse being signed. 13m for a 2 legged donkey.

Those first few months he was here under Martinez I must admit I laughed at every single thing he did. I remember he started away at Leicester the day they lifted the title and was gutted when he was subbed off because he made my belly ache 3 times in the game from laughter. Nevertheless, I do wish DCL could adopt a bit of his unfaltering spirit.

He will play against Leicester.

He really needs to put a shift in against them, they have very good centre halves.

10 days now to get physically and mentally focused, no excuses.

We should all forgive a bad game or two, it’s the premier league. It’s when they look like they are not arsed that the fans turn.

He did actually score occasionally, which is more than can be said for this incarnation of DCL. If DCL keeps spending entire matches in just this side of a coma, virtually anyone would be better (less useless).

Don't really want to throw fuel on the fire here, but it's the kind of thing that gets me wondering about the two players' productivity in league games, at least compared with the last few years of DCL after he started scoring regularly.

Niasse:
SeasonGoalsAssistsMinutesMinutes per goal involvement
15-1600142-
17-18821083108.3
18-190058-
19-200019-
Total821302130.2

DCL since he started scoring regularly:
SeasonGoalsAssistsMinutesMinutes per goal involvement
19-201312660190
20-211602876179.75
21-22311003250.75
Total3226539192.3

There are many reasons why this is not necessarily the most useful comparison, but Niasse was statistically more productive over the time he was given than DCL was in his best season to this point. I also took a look at key passes over that time, in an attempt to control for poor finishing on the assists column, and DCL has a key pass every 163.5 minutes during these past 3 seasons, while Oumar did every 86.8 minutes.

Edited to add: If you include Oumar's time at Cardiff and Hull, that minutes per goal involvement in his entire Premier League career becomes 204.5, primarily because of the spell where he produced literally nothing at Cardiff.

Last edited:
Niasse for me. Actually hides from the ball because he even knows he can barely control the thing.
Niasse chased everything and actually scored some good goals. Scored some hilarious ones as well mind.

Tosun showed he could finish in that first 4 months, but couldn't do anything else.

But if I wanted one in my team, I want the one that's going to chase and pressure and force mistakes.

2 levels below the very best last season?

He scored a few headers in the first half of season when the game plan was get to the line and swing a cross in.

After Jan, the goals dried up massively.

To say he could be world class with some effort is just pure delusion. The lad still can’t score a 1-on-1 at 25.

Thats not what I wrote at all.

It's a tricky one for Lampard. The guy has been a very good goalscorer for the last 2 years. We are in a relegation scrap and need goals. I can understand him giving him every chance.
Dont disagree but Lampard needs to ask him some honest questions about what he wants and expects from him. If the performance then doesn't match DCL's answers then he need to be taken off, even if its after 30-45 mins

Him and Richardson never combine at all either, there is no chemistry for players that play together in training day in day out, I guess it doesnt help that DCL is incapable of a pass beyond ten yards, could even be 5 yards at the moment.

The tone for the United game for him was set early on the left flank, we strung 4 quick passes in tight areas together on the left flank which
was lovely to see and then it got to him and bounced off his shin.

If it was upto DCL to stay up, needless to say we would be down with a whimper

Last edited:
You’ve just had a young lad come out and admit he’s struggling with form there and that he respects he can only win some of you back with the goals your uncontrolled thick entitlement demands. Rather than be as gracious as his message to you instead you just continue to be snide one eyed moaning bells convinced you know him better than himself. Let’s be honest you’re a scourge to Everton and I wouldn’t blame the players for getting away from you and your type. Meaning you’re part of the reason Everton are continually hideous. Shame on you.
You must get had over a lot Chico if all you need is a few word on social media to make everything better in your world.

Some of you utter net rats aren’t happy he made you look like the clueless simpletons you are by coming good, long after you’d exposed yourself as a flea brained tramp by saying he wasn’t good enough for Everton.

Let a young confident male destroy your failing libido.
You ok hun

Status
Not open for further replies.