2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all good and well wearing what you want and doing photoshoots for magazines parading around the latest over priced clothing but it's like he's scored three goals all season, we are three points away from the relegation zone and loads of people are on the bones of their arse.

Don't think the timing could be much worse. Yes we know the cost of living is going up and more people are turning to food banks but get on to these £600 slippers that Dom looks absolutely BOSS in lid.

Calvert-Lewin and Lambert were introduced by Calvert-Lewin’s agent-manager. “We wanted to move more into the fashion space and Harry was recommended not only because he’s exceptionally good at what he does, but also because he’s a nice person. That’s important to me,” says Calvert-Lewin. “What I didn’t want to do was incorporate a stylist who would take me away from what I’ve already been doing and from what I like. That’s the key with Harry. He puts outfits together that might divide opinion. He knows me – I’ll put anything on – but it’s about achieving a balance, not going away from myself and what I like to wear.”

I mean DCL literally talking about fashion spaces.

The guy is done here.
Perception is everything and he is coming across like a complete idiot.

The take home is that it's okay to do this stuff if he is scoring goals?

Then the repressed sexuality angst and poverty riling elements magically go away?

Just curious. Not in that way, unlike some who won't admit it.

The take home is if your doing your main job successfully then it's very difficult to perceive your side line as being a distraction.

The take home is if your doing your main job successfully then it's very difficult to perceive your side line as being a distraction.
But you're saying you can't have sidelines if injured or in a patch of bad form?

What about players who do loads of charity work but are out of form or injured?

Sorry mate, but you are coming across a bit grumpy Da here.

‘Hey Dom, I know your team is probably getting relegated, been bummed in the cup, you haven’t had a half decent game all year, and the country is in the midst of the worst cost of living crisis in decades..

But do you want to come and do a photo-shoot with some £600 slippers and your favourite handbags’?

‘Sounds great’.

Sod off to Arsenal lad.

Him wearing dresses I don't give a toss about, him appearing on magazine covers whilst he's gone months without scoring and we're neck-deep in crap, everyone should have a big pronlem with that because it reeks of total disinterest. Get lost in that case.
It's almost trolling at this point. I don't blame DCL, though. I blame the manager. His "top" striker is in the press more for his fashion sense than his footballing prowess. It seems he's a part-time footballer now. And this is apparently tolerated.

No wonder we're sinking like a trace. I mean, it's not like dropping DCL will damage our goals tally.

Last edited:
I didnt say that mate.
I felt the need to make an account after seeing you say this. Utter nonsense. There's plenty more too.

Yes. As I've said, previous seasons Kane is better than this seasons DCL. This season I dont see that occurring. I'm not sure it's that controversial.

DCL is world class for me.

I didnt say that about Kane. Calvert Lewin got 15 last season too, so hardly a one season wonder.

Kane has been a world class player. Hes now a very good striker. This is not about knocking Kane, but Calvert Lewin is now the superior goal scorer.

He has, but I dont see people going on about either being world class this season like they are Kane, who has been demonstrably less impressive than Calvert Lewin. Kane is very good too, but Calvert Lewin is better. So is Lukaku as it happens.

Kane has been a great goal scorer and is still a very good one. Calvert Lewin is now a better goalscorer and therefore striker. I said pretty early on in the season DCL would get more goals in open play, and hes miles ahead of Kane currently.

Kane gets assists which is fine. Hed be a good midfielder, but that's not the question.

Not for me mate. You judge a number 9 by goals scored in open play. DCL is levels above Kane now. Kane is still very good .

Status
Not open for further replies.