2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t even have a striker now. At least last year we could take solace in the fact that Dom would do his job and be a nuisance up front. Now we are pigeonholing Richy into that role and we are struggling to create any chances. Frank will need to turn into a tactical genius within the next couple of weeks or we are in trouble.

We don’t even have a striker now. At least last year we could take solace in the fact that Dom would do his job and be a nuisance up front. Now we are pigeonholing Richy into that role and we are struggling to create any chances. Frank will need to turn into a tactical genius within the next couple of weeks or we are in trouble.
Not happening frank seems to be reluctant in flooding the midfield and nullifying the opposition

You see being injured/ill as a lack of commitment? Okay then mate.
He's been injured, there's no doubt about that. I think the concern is how much this is now injuries alone or if there's something deeper than that.

It's all conjecture of course, however his recent performances have been worrying. It's easy to say he's recently returned from injury and may not be fit.

In fact, it probably is a hefty part of it, yet I still have the niggling feeling it's more complex as his body language has been what I can describe as lacking.

Sometimes if you're concerned or have doubts, this can impact in other ways. Is he really pushing to be fit? Does he want to start every game?

That's not saying it's because he's shirking away from playing as it could be he's concerned about his own fitness and those niggles keep impacting on him.

Or, he may now be looking further along the line. As I said, it's all conjecture... although I think enough people now have a worry it's something more.

We are already in trouble.
And i agree. People going on play this formation. Play that formation.
Leaky defence
No creative midfield.
No striker.
Need a magician. Not a manager.

We made him the player he is. Now its his turn to turn in performances and give back to the club. He owes the club a big performance on Thursday. We need players playing through knocks and the pain barrier.

Let's look at the facts, we have a mentally weak squad. Now we have players missing through "illness" not having that at all, they don't have any fight in them.

Unless he physically CANNOT play I think it's just a cop out.

Saying that, never missed the cross dressing gobshite anyway

The only person who has suggested he's maybe ill has been me, since we don't actually know why he was out, so there's nothing for you to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.